Research Trial - subjects needed

The Doctor

Dear Cyclist

We are currently conducting a research trial at SSISA. If you are interested in participating, please see the attached information sheet and criteria below:

Present in Western Cape / Cape Town

Age 18 - 45 years

No orthopaedic problems which may interfere with trial performance or results.

No recent illness, hospitalization or surgical procedures

No chronic conditions requiring medication that might alter metabolic responses to exercise and exercise performance i.e. thyroid abnormalities, uncontrolled asthma, cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, impaired glucose tolerance and high blood pressure.

At least 3 years training history with an average cumulative training time of at least 6 hours each week

Preferably available for 1.5 hours on Tueday or Wednesday evening and available on the following morning for main component of trial for 4 hours (earliest start time 5am).

We will consider a Friday or Saturday evening and the following morning 4 hour session on Sat. Sun. if not available during the week.

Benefits:

Dr Jeroen Swart to provide for free:

Full physiological testing results and interpretation.

8-12 week personalised training program.

Comprehensive bike fit.

Worth approx: R2500

Please contact me at jeroen.swart@uct.ac.za

Hows that for unfair.

I'm 5 years too old for the trial and 15 years too young for a pensioners card. And on top of that I had to pay Jeroen to setup my bike earlier in the year. (worth every little cent though)

Other than that I fit all the criteria.

what you researching for' date=' and where is SSISA?is that at UCT?[/quote']

It's in Newlands

Guest Agteros

Since when are we now known as "Subjects"Shocked

Ever since 'we' are a means to an end LOL

This is a really good opportunity to get a comprehensive testing and do some really hard riding in a controlled environment. Never mind the bike fit - There is a 2 month waiting period if you don't do the trial!

This is a really good opportunity to get a comprehensive testing and do some really hard riding in a controlled environment. Never mind the bike fit - There is a 2 month waiting period if you don't do the trial!

No Biopsies. Just a few little blood samples and a lot of suffering on the indoor ergometer!

Sorry. Forgot to mention it is a men's trial.