hammertoe

Ansere me this why is the farther and the sponser the national junior selector? And why didnt he inform the selector in JHB for the selection race of worlds. I think there is guys that deserves their places but some are there because of politics! that youngter with 9months of experiense. . . sory dude then you want to go and put him against those boys in the try nations, so let the southern speres play agains new zealand. Brandon wilson should have been there as he kills the elites up here in jhb. Spies aswell, we got 4 medals at sas, didnt get selected for worlds. Bradly is a great rider. a guy that just came from injury cant be ready for such a big event. the national points race champ wasnt even selected for worls, but at the worlds they went to go and compete in the points race, scratch, and olympic sprint, so why didnt he go to worlds?   

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrispy why do you go to worlds if you had a brokin colar bone.... halo its worlds, they just think its nice to go and be happy with last place, if up attitude is like that, you must rather go and study

Ansere me this why is the farther and the sponser the national junior selector? And why didnt he inform the selector in JHB for the selection race of worlds. I think there is guys that deserves their places but some are there because of politics! that youngter with 9months of experiense. . . sory dude then you want to go and put him against those boys in the try nations' date=' so let the southern speres play agains new zealand. Brandon wilson should have been there as he kills the elites up here in jhb. Spies aswell, we got 4 medals at sas, didnt get selected for worlds. Bradly is a great rider. a guy that just came from injury cant be ready for such a big event. the national points race champ wasnt even selected for worls, but at the worlds they went to go and compete in the points race, scratch, and olympic sprint, so why didnt he go to worlds?   [/quote']

Just one correction (apart from the spelling mistakesWink)

The connection is the National Track Convenor. There are 2 other selectors as well to help him.
Chrispy2007-02-14 04:22:58

sorry about the spelling, thats what mxit does to you. Okey why didnt those other 2 know about the selection race for worls?

These  teams are selected by performances on the day at the selection meeting.

The riders selected must have somehow impressed the selectors.There are always going to be selections that not everyone is happy about.

The only way myself and a few others ever made the team was by winning the selection meeting. I even won the only 2 sprint events in one particular year and still never made the team.

Take it on the chin and come back stronger next year and prove them wrong. Its half the fun.Wink

But i do agree with you about what developing is, where is that in SA. That Father also promised so many things about developing... so far nothing happend, those guys that went to worlds got such a hiding

Chrispy why do you go to worlds if you had a brokin colar bone.... halo its worlds' date=' they just think its nice to go and be happy with last place, if up attitude is like that, you must rather go and study
[/quote']

He did not ride there boet, he was a spectator. His family had already paid their holiday upfront so it was senseless not to go.

sorry about the spelling' date=' thats what mxit does to you. Okey why didnt those other 2 know about the selection race for worls?[/quote']

If you are talking about the selection race on Sunday, the other 2 were there.

The selection was for Tri-Nations not worlds so you have time on your side. Practice hard (and correct) and get your mind focused where you want to go!

Good luck.

kenneth ketterer has had 2 injuries over the last year, which has set him back alot, but is regardless a good cyclist. There is another guy in the bellville team named Ivan, he is also really good and yes i do agree, marius bester is well connected...but how well did he do on sunday???

all the other boys that cycled on sunday, did so with passion and to get into that team, they had good placing and road their heart out!

Life is'nt always fair, but good things come to those who wait, right?

No kenneth did not plan on particpating in those races his COLOR BONE was broken and the air tickets could not be refunded and it was 2 late for Matthew Funnel to join the team as a reserve as kenneth broke his COLOR BONE only a few days before he was scheduled to fly over seas.

It was not his dicisson for Matthew not to ride, it was the organisers!

color bone? and now it's broken? can't he just use the black&white one?

Edit: Sorry, my bad, I meant COLOR BONE

TNT12007-02-14 07:06:59

color bone? and now it's broken? can't he just use the black&white one?

Edit: Sorry' date=' my bad, I meant COLOR BONE
[/quote']

it's amaing how people that don't know what their talking about have so much to say about other's.

Do you think kenneth and the other boys didn't train for the world's...they did and it wouldn't have mattered if the replacement went along for the ride because the results would have been the same...he wouldn't have had a chance to train with the team!

Kenneth is a good cyclist and work hard...think about it...when he had no team when he started...he still kicked ass on the track and no matter how hard you try bring someone down...this kid won't let a thing get to him.

He has been through alot the past year 1st breaking his collar bone, then both his wrists just after his collar bone had healed...a road team friend pass away but they all pick themselves up again...these boys are so young and they don not need all this negative energy. If marius is in the team because of who he knows...good for him, but he needs to live with himself.

As for them going to study..well most of them are still in school...so ya

no one can say that these boys aren't good. They are all excellent! They all try their best, just some are better and more determined than others..can't blame them for having goals!! 

everyone deserves a chance, leave the people alone, let them be the best they can be without others breathing down their necks...

I have alot of respect for people that cycle, they get put through alot and have alot of pressure from everyone and most of the time the exspectations are way to high. They all ride well and all want to be the best, and they are the best to the people that are closest to them. Let them take that home at least?

Sorry, didn't read the whole thing. Would however like to say that Kenneth is a good kid and has a bright future with this or whatever else. Nice boy.