Help me lighten the bike

Weight Weenie

That Frame in a Medium I suppose you have??? is 1.408kg and 1.460kg in a Large. Dunno what the weight in a size small is, but I'd guess around 1.340kg - It's really light already, not Scott light but pretty light.

I just bought a 2nd Hand Specialized Carbon HT and it came to 1.38kg excluding seatbinder and headset in a size m.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dankie Marius,

well it seems for the time being the bike will need to stay as is, as I can spend allot on it but i have other hobbies as well and I dont think that its worth it really? I rode a cheap ass Giant 15kg vbrake beast for long so this is like day and night for me. 

Where did you get the frame weight, i read 1,2 somewhere but obviously bs. saw a photo of a cracked scott frame the other day, light has a price hey?  Gt frame is supposedly more all mountain rough and tumble than others, but probly just marketing...

just got the bike a month ago so dont want to change the frame allready I like it allot, great ride even if its heavy.  your fox is a 2009 model marius? i have a 2008 one.

I had the 2007 one with V-Brake Mounts, might possibly be lighter without those. 1.4g is light enough for a HT frame, I think the bike will start getting flexi if you go sub 1.2kg on the frame.

I have read a review on a 1.4kg frame vs the sub kilo Scott frame and the guy said the flex was notable on the Scott and that a heavier frame handeld the downhill sections better and a few other things.

I'd just stick with the frame, when you see a good deal on a fork get it and sell the old one, those old Sid's are really cheap and light!

Marius the 2008 one is Carbon hey, not alu like the 2007 one, so should in theory be a bit lighter? 

Yeah I do feel it to be more stable downhill than a lighter merida carbon I had ridden.  Sucks up vibration but no flex

Carbon, hectic, what do you know, I don't know everything:-P What does Google say about the weight of the fork??

will check weight weenies but would rather weigh it myself, so ya on the net it says 1,2 kg for the medium Zaskar carbon frame 2008

Have you considered have some of your organs removed? You only need one kidney, so this alone will save a lot of weight...then there's a frontal lobotomy..........

Take out every second bolt on the brake discs like the other dude on the forum. (or was that you?)

Advantage is, sometime you're probably likely to lose both a disk, and teeth.  That'll lop the 200g off...Wink

Have you considered have some of your organs removed? You only need one kidney' date=' so this alone will save a lot of weight...then there's a frontal lobotomy..........

[/quote']

change a hair style,

would be a nice choice

and a bit pain less

no hair = no hair weight

smiley20.gif

20090220_081218_BD1497-001.jpg

remove an eye too. you only need one. Also, look at having your nails pulled, shave your hair off and have some ribs removed (this will serve a dual purpose:)

Have all your teeth removed and just use false teeth for eating (again, this will serve a dual purpose:)

do you really need your toes? I don't think so. What about your ears? Nope, go Chopper-style. This will make you look more aggressive at races too.

Before each race have  colonic irrigation.

Or, you can harden up?

remove an eye too. you only need one. Also' date=' look at having your nails pulled, shave your hair off and have some ribs removed (this will serve a dual purpose:)Have all your teeth removed and just use false teeth for eating (again, this will serve a dual purpose:)do you really need your toes? I don't think so. What about your ears? Nope, go Chopper-style. This will make you look more aggressive at races too.Before each race have? colonic irrigation.Or, you can harden up?

[/quote']

smiley32.gif

mmm nope Id like to keep looking normal and have kids so Id have to keep my hair etc and my testicle, anyone want to buy a kidney? LOL

Ok well lets say I spend between 2k to 6k, what could I do to the bike still?  Im thinking XTR deraillers and lighter fork, lighter cables (power cords?) lighter crankset, lighter brakes - allthough I really like the feel of the xt's.  id like to keep the chain and sprocket xt as its cheaper to replace than xtr, or are there light parts of a similiar price out there?

Any ideas?

Weight Weenie2009-02-21 00:11:35

Oh and im unsure exactly what headset I have, its a cane creek so I guess there should be something lighter available with a little blue accent, whats available?