• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morewood Ndiza - Long (ie. large)

Intense 6.6 - Medium

Cannondale Moto - Large

Morewood Makulu - Large (actually custom built geometry, but in essence a large)

I'm 1.72 I ride a small Specialized Epic and I'm just on the maximum of the Seat Post. Thinking about going 29er on a Gary Fisher but the bikes a medium and feels way too big for me (Like I Have No Control) Any Ideas like putting a 60mm Stem on?

Could work. Would advice you to try it first, though. Both my bikes are upsized with a shorter stem. Perfect combo!

XXL GT AVALANCHE. 1.98M TALL AND INSEEM 97CM. BATTLE TO GET A BIKE THAT FIT WELL. 400MM SEATPOST (STIL NOT HIGH ENOUTH) UNCUT STEERER WITH 110MM35 HIGH RISE STEM AN 40MM RISER BARS.

Edited by santa

size is not that relevant. I cycle a 16 inch on-one which has a TT length that is the same as some 17inch and 18 inch frames, so I should cycle a large Small (17 inch) of a small medium (17inch) or a 16 inch on-one.

16" Xtra Small

20" =Small

24" = Medium

26" = Large

29" = Xtra Large

???????????????????????????

XS = 13.5 inch -16 inch

s=16inch -18.5inch

M =18 inch -20 inch

L= 19 inch -24 inch

XL = 24 inch +

XXL (South African )=clydesdale

or alternatively

Mountain Bikes - Finding the Right Size Your Height Your Inseam Length Bike Frame Size 4'11" - 5'3" 25” - 27” 13 - 15 inches (XS) 5'3" - 5'7" 27" - 29" 15 to 17 inches (S) 5'7" - 5'11" 29" - 31" 17 to 19 inches (M) 5'11" - 6'2" 31" - 33" 19 to 21 inches (L) 6'2" - 6'4" 33" - 35" 21 to 23 inches (XL) 6'4" and up 35" and up 23 inches and up (Massive

or

Here are some guidelines:

• XS bike (13-14in): Generally for riders between 5ft and 5ft 4in
  • S (14-16in): Generally for riders between 5ft 4in and 5ft 7in
  • M (16-18in): Generally for riders between 5ft 7in and 5ft 10in
  • L (18-20in): Generally for riders between 5ft 10in and 6ft 1in
  • XL (20-22in): Generally for riders over 6ft 1in

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/technique-perfect-mountain-bike-fit-29498/

Manufacturers’ listed frame sizes can be confusing. The traditional method is to list the seat tube length, but even that varies because some are measured to the top of the seat tube and some to the middle of where the top tube joins the seat tube. Many manufacturers simply list their bikes as S, M and L, perhaps with XS or XL at either end.

Either way, the measurement that matters more is top tube length. Together with seat position, stem length and handlebar position, top tube length dictates the comfort and efficiency of your body on the bike. To confuse matters further, the aspect of top tube length that matters is not the top tube itself, which often slopes, but a horizontal line from the middle top of the head tube to the middle of the seatpost.

A guideline for saddle to handlebar reach is to put the tip of your elbow on the nose of the saddle and see how far your longest finger reaches along the stem; forearm length is generally a good indicator of full arm and torso length. Most riders looking for a fast and efficient trail riding posture will discover that their longest finger reaches to almost exactly halfway between the steerer top and the handlebar centre.

XXL GT AVALANCHE. 1.98M TALL AND INSEEM 97CM. BATTLE TO GET A BIKE THAT FIT WELL. 400MM SEATPOST (STIL NOT HIGH ENOUTH) UNCUT STEERER WITH 110MM35 HIGH RISE STEM AN 40MM RISER BARS.

merida big nine 23' for u

BMC Fourstroke 03, Large (19"), but the toptube is quite short, about the same as my old bike's medium. I'm 1.73m and according to a bike fitting I'm between a medium and large frame on most bikes, but I usually choose the medium.

1.82 M Giant XL ... feels too big??http://1.1.1.5/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/huh.png

Depends on your reach I am 1.81 went by the book bought a anthem L, never felt comfortable on the bike, then eventually had a ergofit done, determined my gorrila arms dictate that i should actually have gotten an XL anthem, long story short, got a rocky frame with the perfect effective top tube length for my reach and what a pleasure.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...