WITNESS NEEDED

carlo_sg

This morning riding up Constantia Nek from the Houtbay side I got "bumped" by a bus...

I was riding well within the yellow line and this Mutha F......er came into the yellow line on purpose! (as it was a straight section of road), and I shouldered myself against the side of the bus to prevent myself from falling under the wheel, and eventually went "safely" off the road and into the dirt.

I screamed for the bus to stop, but he carried on going.

(there was a white VW Polo hooting for the driver to stop)

This happened at 9:40am, 01 March 2009.

It was on the Houtbay side of Constantia Nek, ironically, close to the graveyard.

The Bus was Grey.

If anybody knows which company this is, that would help too. No, it's not greyhound, their buses are white.

I'm okay, a little sore, but mostly shaken.

Glad ur OK but u do know not to ride Constantia at that time its dangerous and known to be. 6.30 am and earlier is the only time to ride it.

Glad to hear you are ok Carlo.  However like Hot Stuff says that road  is a no go 80% of the time.  

Wow, glad to you are OK dude...

These buses have a number on the back that you can use to trace them.  Usually it is much shorter and easier to remeber than the registration number.

I have used it very succesfully to trace a driver before that tried to push me of the road.  Golden Arrow were great in the support they gave me when I gave them the number and the time.

Thanks all for the concern.

I'm ok, just feel anxious about how it could have ended.

Unfortunately because it happened so fast, I did not see the registration number or the license plate.

There were some runners who saw it happen, and two cyclists that said they saw the bus, but in my state of mind I didnt get their details.

All I know, is that is was a large grey bus, with blue writing on the side. The type that does luxury tours around Cape Town.

I phoned Greyhound, but they say their buses are white, and dont use that road.

I dont think I'll be riding that route for a while...

Sorry to hear about your incident, I stopped riding up Constantia Nek from Hout bay a while ago, the road is just too narrow and the busses and trucks often cut the corners, the drivers often dont realise that the back of a long vehicle will track closer to the edge of the road. If only chappies was open you wouldn't be forced to ride up Constantia Nek

I used to ride alot up to Neck from Hout Bay. I know it is very narrow and when the truck or bus come behind you, try cycle in the middle of the road to stop them from overtaking you. It worked for me, but I have to cycle fast.  I wonder if it is Mega bus or Atlas bus. Check with them. 

Got pushed into the gutter in Lakeside 2 weeks ago by a MegaCoach bus, probably at a similar time give or take 15 minutes. Buses are grey/silver.

Why not do yourself a favour and take a ride out there the weekend after the Argus at the same time, if it wasn't a "tourist bus" chances are good it is running on a schedule so you may just be lucky and get the company and reg number if you are prepared to hang around for 20mins or so. If you do find them I hope you raise merry hell with them.

Good luck