Dual Suspension or Hard Tail

Iwan Kemp

Dual Suspension or Hard Tail  

1. 1. Dual Suspension or Hard Tail

• Hard Tail
    • Dual Suspension

Oh' date=' yes, and Burry and Christoph did soo badly on dual suspension, as did Bart and Chris, and of course the trek factory team? I'm afraid kevein and David just got beaten by stronger riders this year.[/quote']

Are you comparing Specialized and Trek with a Raleigh? Shame on you!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you were blaming the bike for Kevin not doing well this year. Not sure the bike was the problem!

Oh' date=' yes, and Burry and Christoph did soo badly on dual suspension, as did Bart and Chris, and of course the trek factory team? I'm afraid kevein and David just got beaten by stronger riders this year.[/quote']

Chris rode a hardtail

I love my FS so much. So much so That I dont even want to go back to 4'' after riding 5' for so long. Even though mine weighs almost 13kg( which  heavy but not terrible for a FS) I wont go back. I rode a mates HT the other day and I was horrified!  My bike takes out so much of the corrigations and small bumps and even IF I stupidly fire Into rock gardens or a series of drops as If I was a world cup DHer I get a HR spike of 120%of MAx HR but Always come out the other end with a big smile and a Howler!.

Lets you focus on lines and lets you take in more of whats happening. Have I mentioned It saves your wheels bigtime?

Its the future guys...Im sorry
BOS10002009-04-03 01:56:11

I have never done the Cape Epic on a htail or dual, so I'm no expert on the subject, but I do think you need to be very fit to complete the Cape Epic on a htail because of your body taking so much more punishment than on a dual. But then again, would Burry and Christoph done better on htails? I don't know. Were they allowed to choose between the htail and the dual or did Specialized politely requested them to ride the dual so that peeps rather buy the duals as they cost alot more then their htails? Who knows..

nathrix2009-04-03 01:57:37

Me think Kevin Evans chose the dual because he wasn't that fit. So, Kevin and the dual are to blame. That still doesn't take any of the respect I have for him away, he will still kick dust into 99% of our faces big time.

Me think Kevin Evans chose the dual because he wasn't that fit. So' date=' Kevin and the dual are to blame. That still doesn't take any of the respect I have for him away, he will still kick dust into 99% of our faces big time. [/quote']

So youre telling me the fact that I ride a FS makes me weaker?LOLLOL

Cant reason like that man.Confused

If the fact that Most guys use disc brakes and have 27 speed make them weaker aswell whats the point of technology?

He just Knew Its a stage race and its going to be more technical than previous years.

Me think Kevin Evans chose the dual because he wasn't that fit. So' date=' Kevin and the dual are to blame. That still doesn't take any of the respect I have for him away, he will still kick dust into 99% of our faces big time. [/quote']

If the fact that Most guys use disc brakes and have 27 speed make them weaker aswell whats the point of technology?

He just Knew Its a stage race and its going to be more technical than previous years.

Nothing wrong with technology. Sometimes I hate it but most of the times I love it. Technology comes at a price.

I'm not saying your weak, I'm just saying your a softy LOL

]

Nothing wrong with technology. Sometimes I hate it but most of the times I love it. Technology comes at a price.

WRONG. SmileSmileSmile

The bike is the softy.SmileSmileSmile

I love the feeling of a hardtail. For me it's like the differense between a expensive merc 4x4 and a jeep that can do the same job. i just feel more involved with my hardtail. And O yes i use v-brakes for the same reason...

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Ignorance is Bliss

I love a challengeWink

I love the feeling of a hardtail. For me it's like the differense between a expensive merc 4x4 and a jeep that can do the same job. i just feel more involved with my hardtail. And O yes i use v-brakes for the same reason...

But the Merc and the Jeep still has suspension in the front... and at the back...  ;-)

But the Merc and the Jeep still has suspension in the front... and at the back...  ;-)

Persepsion is a bitch.