KSYRIUM ELITE

hagar

I've got the Elites and think they're the best wheels ever.

However I haven't ever had a set of Eastons so maybe I don't know any better?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a good solid 98kg and have no problems with my Elites. Quite like them actually.

Only done 2000 km's on them so far though.

Try and trade them on some Easton circuits, I'm around 98kg and have had the circuits for about 7000km without a glitch

At your weight you should not be having a problem, but if you are able to trade them in for Easton Circuits. I dont know much about the Elite, but Circuits are way lighter and stronger than the Equippe. I've had mine 8 months now and the only problem i had was when i hooked my foot in the spokes bending one . Took it to the LBS who replaced it no charge as they said it should not have bent.

MWNN' date=' the mechanics of riding play a role, you will get small guys flexing a wheel and heavier okes not having a problem. The issue is that some okes flex the wheels, I had a set of Shimanos and I flexed them like pancakes and they guy who I gave it to is much taller and aggro when he rides and he is happy with them. [/quote']

Not that strong - probably why!Embarrassed

thanks for all the advice !!!! see I want to use them for the Argus and this flexing bit is that like putting the brakes on whilst riding up hill or pedaling hard? i am a bit doff Wink but have had the wheels for a week now and have done some hills at 9% gradient but have not felt any difference in the motion of the bike . Maybe I am a bit doff to realise it but I did the climbs seated . Well we will se how they go and maybe if they give me problems trade them in for the Easton's . Maybe Sweetie can put some joy into my Birthday prezzie LOLLOL  

Hi Hagar

I've got a set of SL's.

They are the 2005 model (got them late 2004), and have done 12,500km on them. They are causing me quite a bit of frustration as the spokes break often. So far I think I've broken about 5 or 6. (Is that often?)

The spokes have a problem of fusing at the nipple and then they snap under stress. My front wheel currently has a couple of spokes that can't be turned as they are fused. Therefore the wheels can't be straightened perfectly unless I replace them.

At R50 a spoke, and then mechanic fees, it's also a bit costly to keep fixing.

In the time I've had them my weight has been between 71 and 79kg. So not that heavy.

But then other friends who have them have had no problems. Personally, I wouldn't buy them again. My two cents.

thanks for all the advice !!!! see I want to use them for the Argus and this flexing bit is that like putting the brakes on whilst riding up hill or pedaling hard? i am a bit doff Wink but have had the wheels for a week now and have done some hills at 9% gradient but have not felt any difference in the motion of the bike . Maybe I am a bit doff to realise it but I did the climbs seated . Well we will se how they go and maybe if they give me problems trade them in for the Easton's . Maybe Sweetie can put some joy into my Birthday prezzie LOLLOL  

I think the flex situation is greatly exaggerated, the amount of flex if any under normal cycling conditions would have to be measured by a device capable of measuring veeeery small amounts, and not by human feel or eye.

Dunno, when they rock over and touch the break pads whereas other "cheaper" wheels don't is generally a pretty good test?

Damn - and here's me thinking it was because I was so powerfull..Wink my wheels always rub on the brakes when I put voet

Dunno' date=' when they rock over and touch the break pads whereas other "cheaper" wheels don't is generally a pretty good test?[/quote']

Hmm this could be blamed on more than just the wheels, have you seen the back wheel "rocking" over and touching the brake pads?

never had that experience with my old shimano wheels . And as for looking back wont try that either OuchOuch did so about a year ago on my mountain bike and went into the pavement got some nice roasties for my stupidity LOLLOL all fall down and a good bang on the helmet too

Dunno' date=' when they rock over and touch the break pads whereas other "cheaper" wheels don't is generally a pretty good test?[/quote']

Hmm this could be blamed on more than just the wheels, have you seen the back wheel "rocking" over and touching the brake pads?

Yes.

Yes.

How many beers?