MTBers not at Argus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got shown a wicked little rocky dropoff in Delta Park on Sunday. It is about 5m high and has a blind narrow approach' date=' then you let go of the brakes and trust your bike. The angle of descent is about 70 degrees. Open eyes are an optional extra.[/quote']

On the way to Delta Park from the Emmarentia side, there is also a lovely little rocky drop off just off the trail. You have to negotiate sections of rock and then lift your front wheel slightly over a ridge before you go careening down a rockface back onto the trail.

Might possibly be the same one you were talking about I-Fly.

On the way to Delta Park from the Emmarentia side' date=' there is also a lovely little rocky drop off just off the trail. You have to negotiate sections of rock and then lift your front wheel slightly over a ridge before you go careening down a rockface back onto the trail.

Might possibly be the same one you were talking about I-Fly.

[/quote']

It is. I have ridden past it for years without noticing it.

It is. I have ridden past it for years without noticing it.

Hehe, the first time I rode that with the crowd from Mikes Bikes, I almost shat myself.

Did it again on Saturday, but I always make sure my bike is lined up straight before I go down.

I'll also go with Bosmont. Anything for something new.

Stevo showed me that wicked drop-off on Sunday. I can't believe you guys ride that. I've also been runnning and riding past it for years never dreaming that anyone would be crazy enough to ride down it. You guys are all whako.

I almost shat myself.

Did it again on Saturday.

Does this have the same comforting sensation as pissing in your wetsuit before getting into the surf in winter?

There are two places to go down this rock . To the right (from behind the rock) it is not that clear cut and penalty for failure WILL be high . The one to the other side is actaully very straigh forward and speed is you friend if you really want to clear it properly .

I almost shat myself.

Did it again on Saturday.

Does this have the same comforting sensation as pissing in your wetsuit before getting into the surf in winter?

So you do that often as well  Wink

Big%20smile

It's like cycling, there are those divers who pee in their wetsuits, and those that LIE!!!

Thug, are you joining us on Sunday, or is it too slow for you?!

As the man says......... I got a race to do........ on a Mountain Bike.

will this be the "real race" LOL 

a buddy said last night he's all ready for the argus.........he's done his 50km around the block training and he's all set for sun LOL

thug, you going to Babbas? I have a lunch, so can't make it.

Bored girl! You joining us?

yep ill be there

missed you guys Wink

at whatever meeting place...........

i just have to go get a floor pump........i broke my stupid hand one the first time i used it and on sun we went riding at suikerbosrand so i now have slicks on

not a prob to change them but flat tires might be a problem

oh wait i forgot i am suposed to go to the garage and they'll fix them for me..............

Me........... Babbas.............not again. Rode there once & didn't enjoy it

There's a massive funride that has a couple of small hills somewhere in Cape Town which I will be using as a long distance training session. It is however somewhat against my better judgement as it is a tarhead event and if I don't ride it, I will get a strange sensation called "Santa Cruz withdrawal symptoms" from being away from my bike for to long.

LOL

I'm actually going to CT for my Sisters wedding !!

That's my reason and I'm sticking to it !!