MTBers not at Argus

well i dont know about the people on the drop off but i certainly had a close meeting with the ground a few times.........

some were due to unexperience with cleats others..........well rocks ad high speed LOL

i had real fun and the dents on my helmet/scratches on my baby only give them character Tongue

hope i can say the same for the new tender areas on my body

i surely do hope some guys dont mind scars as i am aquiring some at a great speed

my newest additions (although they might not be a severe as marius'...)

20070312_024149_look_at_me.jpg

20070312_024240_look_at_this.jpgthere's a particularly nasty looking bump on my shin but thats all it is a bump

might hurt in a few days but i think the frozen peas helped Wink

so what are a few falls if you happen to entertain the crowd.........LOL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Aunty rode with us yesterday and said afterwards that Bored Girl is a "fiesty one". Sounds like an unbroken horse.

BG was not interested in having her new wounds attended to on the trail. I thought she was being a tough chick. However, when we arrived at the Mugg and Bean, her 1st priority was to getting visual evidence then clean off the blood.

Ag BG, what did you do now? You should know the route by now. Maybe you should get tension adjustable pedals for easier clipping in and out.

Ag BG' date=' what did you do now? You should know the route by now. Maybe you should get tension adjustable pedals for easier clipping in and out.

[/quote']

funny mampara

it wasnt the pedals though

i hit a rock somewhere and started skidding

ended in a few seconds though

the guy behind me had a bit of a shock.........his skid marks were like 5m behind me

bored girl2007-03-12 07:02:36

Ouch BG, looks like a decent size eggy brewing there!!!  Was thinking of what would happen if I came unstuck on the drop off.  Fortunately only last night smiley36.gif

I FLY said that my pedals were like chain saws. Now that I see the alternative I think chain saws are more kind than what BG is going through.

Ouch that looks eina BG. You're one tough chick and I'm proud of you.

Thanks for the tip though I FLY. I'll try the plastic versions.

Sheesh BG, that's crazy!!

thanks to everyone for a great ride. Thanks to I FLY for taking the faster ones. I think I overdid it a bit, 32km was about 4km too far for our newbie. ewep, has she forgiven us yet?!!

I FLY said that my pedals were like chain saws. Now that I see the alternative I think chain saws are more kind than what BG is going through.

Ouch that looks eina BG. You're one tough chick and I'm proud of you.

Thanks for the tip though I FLY. I'll try the plastic versions.

see it had nothing to do with the pedals

those are 100% earth marks

i doubt i would have escaped that fall if i was still riding with my flat pedals.........it was meant to happen so we add scar to the elbow and move on LOL

Lol, the hubbie says she got home, had a bath, and SLEPT!!!!  So did I, dreaming of drop-offs and trees flashing by.

My Aunty rode with us yesterday and said afterwards that Bored Girl is a "fiesty one". Sounds like an unbroken horse.

You have to know what he means when he says aunty!!!

Hi MichH. We were talking about bunny hops on Sunday. I found a very nice site with great explanation of the correct technique and videos etc. Have a look at it. http://www.trashzen.com/bunny-hop-with-mtb.html now all I've got to do is try to make it work. At the moment it feels as if I'm trying to jump whilst holding my shoelaces.