The Lemmers and CSA

fandacious

Groot Lem was skyping Barry for results.... AND the results are?? ........ Published nowhere! rather phone one of the team owners and ask then to put it on the CSA website and then maybe, besides the concerned,the rest of SA will also know.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until such time that some brave sole stands up and indicates his/her readiness to do what the Lemmers are doing shut theF*&%$ up and stop mouthing off in public what you yourself are not prepared to offer.

Carinus has been tasked by the CSA board to deliver on his contract so let him be and allow CSA to deal with him when next they sit down. The official matter between CSA and CGC regards the Lemmers must also takes it cause(I am sure they not as bad and long as the GOv.of the day in making decisions).

Groot Lem until someone can show good cause for you to be removed from your position you continue doing what you must.

Note to all those aggrieved soles start your preparations now for the next congress clean-out, it gives you ample time to plan accordingly.

Hi Mallo, as said in my previous post on CSA everybody knows who I am. If I were to recieve Carinus's salary I would be MORE than willing to do his job. I am also very good at coffee shops. Your language is also uncalled for and says a lot about you. I wish this forum was really the "public "as you call it.. I have noticed that it is actually a group of very uninformed people that believe every word that has been fed to them whether poison or a little less poison. Rather contact me if you have a personal issue. 

There always appears to be this attitude of "unless you are prepared to do it, shut up" which is rather an arrogant and ignorant way to try and dismiss a subject.

I am not interested in doing any work for the CSA, IN ADDITION to my already busy schedule, as, I am quite sure no CSA official is  to interested in doing my work, IN ADDITION to there busy schedule.

It works both ways, dont ever forget that.

So, simply put, there is absolutely no relevance in this dismissive type of statement.

When you work in the public eye, (and this is a position YOU ACCEPT - last time I looked nobody held a gun to Mr Lemmers or anyones head and said YOU WILL WORK HERE) - expect to be both criticised and praised in the public eye, expect your life and your decisions to be scrutinised, disected and discussed in the public eye - sorry for you, but, this is the nature of the beast.

In my opinion, there are lots of friends here who will defend someone just because they know him / her, irrespective of the soundness of the decisions or the quality of the work - sounds a bit like the old government hey.!

porky2009-04-20 09:33:48

There always appears to be this attitude of "unless you are prepared to do it' date=' shut up" which is rather an arrogant and ignorant way to try and dismiss a subject.

I am not interested in doing any work for the CSA, IN ADDITION to my already busy schedule, as, I am quite sure no CSA official is  to interested in doing my work, IN ADDITION to there busy schedule.

It works both ways, dont ever forget that.

So, simply put, there is absolutely no relevance in this dismissive type of statement.

When you work in the public eye, (and this is a position YOU ACCEPT - last time I looked nobody held a gun to Mr Lemmers or anyones head and said YOU WILL WORK HERE) - expect to be both criticised and praised in the public eye, expect your life and your decisions to be scrutinised, disected and discussed in the public eye - sorry for you, but, this is the nature of the beast.

In my opinion, there are lots of friends here who will defend someone just because they know him / her, irrespective of the soundness of the decisions or the quality of the work - sounds a bit like the old government hey.!

[/quote']

ClapClapClapClap

well said porky

When the Road Commissioner resigned last year Groot Lem was practically begging to be chosen/elected/appointed as the Road Commissioner. He got the job. if he's doing a good job the provinces will elect him again (that if he stands for election) if not then they will elect somone else.

Ek is so bietjie vervelig vanoggend en het besluit om vir n slag al die lekker nuus en skinder nuus op die hub te lees.  

Wat groot Lem se verkiesing betref is ek nie seker of die regte prosedure gevolg was nie want heelwat mense het verskillende stories.

wat ek wel kan se is los hom , laat hom sy werk doen. As dit goed gedoen word dan sal hulle hom weer kies. As hy nie reg werk nie sal hy onder sy G. t geskop word.

Wat hy en sy Boland komitee sover gedoen het met dieToer de Boland oer is goed vir fietsry. Dit was n groot sukses - selfs baie beter as die Giro.

Gracie call me you have my details(whoever you are)

All those who is against Carinus in his current position it is simple, formally complain to CSA and canvas for his contract not to be renewed as some has done by getting PPA to stop paying his salary bill.

As for GL I am sure he has proven himself in the current position soget rid of him as well using the correct channels and fill his position with your candidate of choice.

My 2c...

Disclaimer: I don't know the Lemmers/CSA/haven't ever helped in any way (which is part of the problem).

1) The "I don't get paid so don't complain if you get *** service" excuse doesn't fly with me at all. Granted the Lemmers are probably shackled by a really, really sh!t infrastructue at CSA but hey if you gonna stand up - stand up tall!

2) Nobody actually gives a sh*t. Going to a CSA meeting is about as lively as a morgue. The (very few) that I've attended you battle to get nominations let alone voted officials. The result is the standard nepotism that is cycling officialdom in SA. As long as nobody gets involved nothing will change - nobody IS getting involved so nothing is changing - a self fulfilling prophecy.

3) I've opted out of the whole process - I started a little cycling team primarily with the aim of raising money for charity and I've completely ignored "the system" - we buy licenses for races when we are forced to but mostly race organisers don't care if you have a license or not. Most of the races we do are not officially sanctioned and that suits me just fine. Belonging to CSA is more trouble than it's worth.

4) I am not involved and don't want to be involved - CSA (for my own purposes anyway) is a tiny, unnecesary, corrupt, inefficient entity.

Such "Politics & Absurdity" --- No wonder I don't get involved any longer in "Organised Racing" activities / events etc.... It's such a huge mess and shunting around.

I'm quite happy to ride my bike anywhere I please without the need to race or go thro' any Licencing gaboodle. For me its just not worth it - Loads of K%&^%K service anyway.

DT

- CSA (for my own purposes anyway) is a tiny' date=' unnecesary, corrupt, inefficient entity.
[/quote']

Well, I certainly agree on those highligted points.

Can I throw some popcorn onto the fire (to mix my metaphors)?

I applied for my license in December. I collected it from my Club

in January. The best service I have ever had.

Yay to CSA and to Cycle Lab (shameless punt)!

I don't know the Lemmers, I don't know CSA, I don't know CGC,

but I reckon the situation was a complete balls up and JC himself

(you know - the guy who walked on water) would need some time

to sort the **** out. Mere mortals would need a little longer...

Give the guys a chance and complain if things don't get better. They're

implementing systems where none existed and from a zero base, so

don't expect them to get it right immediately.

Shoot them down if they cock it up next year, tho'...

Mallo, I have no idea who any of you hubbers are. Please call me or sms and I will call back. I unfortunately have to agree with the last post by "Porky"... do we need all this inefficiency and why do we put up with it? would love to have a chat. Breeze has my details if you really don't know how to contact me.

its quite interesting to  be on the receiving end of the hub. just an update, if you go back to the 1st post on this topic, i believe the calls for mr to step down was pulled back. maybe no one wanted to make a statement as i know the lawyers wanted statements and not hearsay, but this isjust speculation your honour.

cant get official results of the ladies in china, but cherise finished 7th on gc, everyday was a bunch sprint on flat like pancake routes. lynette, sa champ, got ill before the start, pity she was on good form.

i didnt beg for this job, but when a province asked me if im available i was excited as i knew i could help. not so sure if anyone can help with the hub motivation. i hate backstabbers, and i know some of my biggest critics on this forum are people that say different things face to face.

groot en klein lem will write a book one day. good nite