Giro ripped to pieces:Helshoogte

snah2

Any idea how our hubbers did? Donkey' date=' willpower, TitusTi, Spinnekop etc? [/quote']

donkey, zippit, and admin are through, titusti as well, he even took it easy. will performed very well only to crash at the last or second last downhill. he finished with his socks and shoes FULL of blood. he was taken to the hospital and won"t go on tomorrows stage. he has finger deep holes in both his knees.

very very sad, he was on fire so far!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

donkey' date=' zippit, and admin are through, titusti as well, he even took it easy. will performed very well only to crash at the last or second last downhill. he finished with his socks and shoes FULL of blood. he was taken to the hospital and won"t go on tomorrows stage. he has finger deep holes in both his knees.

very very sad, he was on fire so far!
[/quote']

Very pleased for Donkey and co, very sad to hear about Will...Cry

Helped Will out after his crash, he was psyched and quite a sight with blood flowing from his knees & filling his socks.

Told him to load his bike & catch a ride with team car, but he rode away on his bike... knew that he would not be allowed to continue with the holes in his knees

What is Will's nick on the hub ?

willpower.... go figure Wink

Admin2007-03-07 13:18:28

What is Will's nick on the hub ?

willpower.... go figure Wink

Ahh! Now I also know who we talkin about Big%20smile He def chose the right nick, sounds like a bad crash!!  Speedy recovery Will!

and phen????
Hey miss V, Phen did us very proud today!!!

Finished second of the TCS guys behind Jaco...

Stuck with the main protagonists the longest, but got dropped on the second round descent...

I am very proud of our guys...

After the prologue, were were the 19th of 28 teams

Very happy with that result in amongst all the good teams taking part

Finishing individually:

59. 234 RSA 19870923 JANSEN, Barend TCS .08'06"770 43" (Barend)
64. 232 RSA 19820610 LAMBERTS, Alexander TCS .08'08"760 45" (Jimmy)
79. 231 RSA 19780106 FERREIRA, Jaco TCS .08'14"540 51" (Kakaa!!)
126. 233 RSA 19770602 FOURIE, Philip TCS .08'40"000 1'17" (Spinnekop) 
135. 235 RSA 19870303 HENNING, Pieter TCS .08'46"220 1'23" (Phen)
143. 236 RSA 19840610 STRYDOM, Petri TCS .08'57"590 1'34" (Shammy_Rash)

Yeah well done guys, it's tough against that level of competition but we are proud of ya'll.

Nothing ventured .... nothing gained!

Be strong! and remember they are only human.

Will be there with some cold beers on Vissers on Friday, feel free to shout for one!

Well today was an easy ride through to Stellenbosch, with the biggest challenge being avoiding the trucks in the right hand gutter.

The pace up helshoogte was fairly reasonable the first couple of times, then started hotting up on lap three.

On the third descent I rode over a little bump in the middle of a straight section... The trouble is you can't really see bumps like this especially in the shadows at 60 km/h. I lost my handlebar and ended up ripping some nasty holes in my knees.

Carinus certainly came up with some interesting routes this year. Not sure what was wrong with the old helshoogte lap from a few years ago?? (Up old, down new)

Will, speedy recovery for you. Man the bad luck is following you!!

You have the "willpower" to bounce back soon.

Good luck

Well today was an easy ride through to Stellenbosch' date=' with the biggest challenge being avoiding the trucks in the right hand gutter.

The pace up helshoogte was fairly reasonable the first couple of times, then started hotting up on lap three.

On the third descent I rode over a little bump in the middle of a straight section... The trouble is you can't really see bumps like this especially in the shadows at 60 km/h. I lost my handlebar and ended up ripping some nasty holes in my knees.

Carinus certainly came up with some interesting routes this year. Not sure what was wrong with the old helshoogte lap from a few years ago?? (Up old, down new)

[/quote']

Really sorry to hear about ur tumble Willpower, Did u finish the stage?, are u able to continue?

shame Will, hope you heal up quickly.

Good luck, all the best and hope you're back on you're bike very soon.