What is ROAG

new2MTB

Does anybody know anything about ROAG. I have to register with roag before I do a race but don't know much about it ... can anybody help?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

race organisers admin group.  A new initiative to help making race entry and organisation easier.

It seems all above bord from th website but I was told by somebody I was riding with this weekend that it was a rip off. They said it was a group of rae organisers trying to rip off mountainbikers.

Is it really free? How do they make any money?

Why would it be a "rip off" ?

It's a bunch of (Natal based) race organisers trying to maintain a seeding database for Mountain Biking and that can only be applauded in my book.

Doesn't actually cost anything, how could it be a rip-off? I think it's a good idea, once registered you get a ROAG number, and when you go to events just give them the number and all your details are there. Good idea I think.

When you register just make sure you save your ROAG number. Registered for Sant2c and really had trouble finding it again when I wanted to enter Karkloof.  They should introduce a search by ID of e-mail address to lookup your number.

I did the Cumberland Classic on the weekend.  There were a bunch of ROAG guys all dashing around at speed making sure everything went off smoothly. 

I was helluva impressed with them.

The Jucy Lucy will be the first event I do as a roag member. As I understand it, we get chips and boards at the event? Does it cost anything? And where do you find the timed results?

Apart from normal entry fees no extra charge.

Make sure to take your CSA number and ROAG number with you.  Give them the  number they punch it in and issue you with a racing  board.  no timing chip as such.

Race results were up the next day on the web.

They say that there will be timing chips issued at the Juicy Lucy race. The results of the races are posted on the ROAG website.

It's a great idea if you ask me. All entries and results on one website, with no cost to us, no need to enter your details over and over, one seeding system and it can only help the organization at races.

I used my CSA number as my ROAG number, so I won't forget it.

But I don't know how they make money. I assume they would charge the race organisers for their services.

Definattely not a rip off, ROAG are bringing a sense of pro orgnisation to races. Two big thumbs up from me, you get a ROAG number and password, when you want to enter a race all you do is enter your ROAG number and your password and viola you done, no more filling in entry forms. I reckon all races worth their salt in the future will be orginised this way.

Why then are a lot of cycling clubs up in arms about the concept?

Where do you get that from?

Because the cycling clubs see their money go down the drain !!! Can't wait for ROAG to hit Gauteng .