Between these top of the range what would you ride  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Between these top of the range what would you ride

• SRAM red (18K)
    • Dura Ace 7900 (new) (19K)
    • Dura ace 7800 (old) (11K)
    • Campy record (16K)
    • Campy Super Record (24K)

Not really sure about the prices but in that range. I want to save up for a new bike and do a decent setup. I know most of us on the hub don't ride these top of the range groupsets, but those with experience on these please comment.

Keen on putting them on a Cervelo Soloist carbon frame

Not really sure about the prices but in that range. I want to save up for a new bike and do a decent setup. I know most of us on the hub don't ride these top of the range groupsets' date=' but those with experience on these please comment.

[/quote']

Just to make life easy for you, have a look at www.probikekit.com...Look at the Shimano 7900 groupset but pay particular attention to the price.....

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=k00060

R16094.33Big%20smile

Not really sure about the prices but in that range. I want to save up for a new bike and do a decent setup. I know most of us on the hub don't ride these top of the range groupsets' date=' but those with experience on these please comment.

[/quote']

Just to make life easy for you, have a look at www.probikekit.com...Look at the Shimano 7900 groupset but pay particular attention to the price.....

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=k00060

R16094.33Big%20smile

+ R2000 for tax and shipping

If you have the cash, hit the Super Record. If you buy the Record, you'll always wish you'd bought the Super Record. Dont listen to the guys who say that there is no difference between the two...trust me there is.

I was checking out the new Dura Ace last week, and in my opinion the levers are damn uncomfortable. The old 10spd levers were so comfy...Shimano have gone backwards in that department in my opinion...but the stuff works very well. As Shimano always does.

I've never had the pleasure of riding with SRAM...but I hear its really really good.

I think you secretly know exactly which one it is you want already ASTANA...and dont let us have the pleasure of choosing your grouppo for you!!! Thats a nice choice to be facing...

I'd look for a 'slightly used' second hand Record 10sp groupo there are tons around at the moment. And Record rocks the party....

Seeing as how you put up Campy Super Record 11, it means you can afford it. That's what I would go for. The cassette alone is 27g lighter than the Record 11, and 59g lighter than the Chorus cassette. I got the Chorus 11 gruppo for R13000 which was good enough for my level. But this- a thing of beauty.

20090427_120158_supergroup_Cndn.jpg 

LOL Did not say I can afford any of the above or that I can go out and buy it right now - said That I will save up and buy.

Campy is good but expensive. DA - as said has gone backwards a bit and with the higher price I'm not sure if its worth it - would then rather buy the older version. Sram Red - well heard that the casette makes a bike noise when shifting ? Would Sram red work with a DA casette and chain and rest sram ?

Remember the cost of spares!  I wonder how many thousands a replacement Super Record cassette costs? 

Sram Red - well heard that the casette makes a bike noise when shifting ? Would Sram red work with a DA casette and chain and rest sram ?

I'm using SRAM Red with a Dura Ace Chain & Cassette- Not noisy at all, and the shifts are just as smooth as Dura-ace, and faster. Not to mention being able to shift 3 gears in one go!

LOL Did not say I can afford any of the above or that I can go out and buy it right now - said That I will save up and buy.

Campy is good but expensive. DA - as said has gone backwards a bit and with the higher price I'm not sure if its worth it - would then rather buy the older version. Sram Red - well heard that the casette makes a bike noise when shifting ? Would Sram red work with a DA casette and chain and rest sram ?

I've been riding SRAM Force for a week now and have been pleasantly surprised.  Weight wise it's the same as Dura Ace and shifting wise it is noisy, but smooth and  I love the tripple upshift ability and the downshifts work just like Shimano. Plus I can keep my Shimano wheels (BIG advantage if you want to swap wheels between old and new bikes) as the freewheel is the same as Shimano.

I am converted to SRAM.

Buy Record, use the rest you wanted to spend on Super Record and add the money to buy a decent wheelset!