Raleigh lowers prices

Jules

Maybe the ridiculously over priced SA market is being slowed down by the economic situation and this is what the consumers needed to see how we are being ripped off.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Raleigh are doing something about there prices. I don't see any other companies doing anything.

Are you saying you missed the whole price fixing thing? All the major brands' distro's where there...

That's why i bought overseas and not local.Went to a shop and was told bike(not Raleigh) is R17000 but they dont have my size...But..... new price would be R23500 as the workers in China had a increase.

I went home and ordered online.

I dont understand? You all bitch that bikes are to much now you bitching its to cheap?

?

Never able to please the hub.

?

Are you bitching about bitching? LOL

?

I dont see it as "bitching" just an observation that had you bought a bike at R40.000.00 two months ago?and now its R29.000.00 you would have a right to feel slightly aggrieved.

?

Were it me' date=' that would be the last purchase of that product I?would?ever make.

?

?I am also a businessman, I also have a good idea of economies and prices and markets and rand / dollar costs and freight and duty and so on, as do?many others, - who do they think they are pulling the wool over??

?

Do they assume we are all fools and will just listen to everything they say as gospel??

?

I would say thats a very dangerous assumption.

?

If you dont believe the power of?an irritated and irked?customer just look at GM.

?

SA is a very small market for everything except bread and milk, and small markets traditionally?have long memories.!

?
[/quote']

Porky, please tell me what you actually want. If we have to increase our price it's wrong, and if we lower the price it's wrong either.

You say you are a business man, maybe you should help us here and tell us how to run our business. So let me ask you a few questions, and I would like to hear your answer:

1. If this funny "Bungy-currency" called Rand drops from 7.3 per USD to 10.2 per USD in only 2 weeks and all your bike price calculations are suddenly fu..ed, what are you going to do: Increase the prices as much as necessary at lowest possible margin or increase the price even more than necessary to let your competition take over the market or keep prices as they are and ruin your business by losing money with every bike sold?

2. If then a few months later the Rand is slowly getting stronger again, and luckily there are still bikes in containers on the way to your warehouse, that can be paid at a much better exchange rate than previous shipments, and if also bike sales countrywide over all brands has slowed down that much, that you run into overstock problems at year end if bike sales don't improve, what would you do? If you see any other option making sense than what we did now, please let me know, I would love to hear that.

I also must say I really don't appreciate you saying we don't care about our customers. Apart from the fact, that a business never works, if you don't care about your customers, how can you say that? Did you ever meet me? Did you ever speak to me? Come to PE and spend 1 day in our office. Look at what we do and how we treat other people. After that you can judge and say whatever you think is right. I take my job very serious. Caring about and listening to dealers and consumers is one of the most important parts of my work. I might not always be right in what I believe in, and no matter what I do, some people will never appreciate our bikes as long as there's a Raleigh sticker on the downtube, but please never ever say again, that I don't care about our customers! At least unlike you I have the balls to post under my real name. What is yours?

Popcorn anyone?

why ?

the comments are addressed to porky, with a bit of honesty. Its only popcorn if its insulting, which it is not.

I was just preparing for the show Slowbee, but I can leave the popcorn

never knew popcorn came out when it was insulting

the popcorn comes out at any potential mudsling.

I think this is going to be intersting debate.

so in theory you and I are in disagreement and a bit of a mudsling Angry .. so eeerrm what kind of popcorn flavour do you like ?LOL

I was just preparing for the show Slowbee' date=' but I can leave the popcorn

never knew popcorn came out when it was insulting

[/quote']

Please read sub-section 1.2-3 of the Addendum to the hub posting rules, it is clear for all to see.

Please read sub-section 1.2-3 of the Addendum to the hub posting rules' date=' it is clear for all to see.

[/quote']

Silly. That refers explicitly to the use of pineapple on pizza.

Guest Agteros

Please read sub-section 1.2-3 of the Addendum to the hub posting rules' date=' it is clear for all to see.
[/quote']

URL please

Rand/$ at 8.45 today if I add 30% to that I get R10.985 and the rand was trading at over 11.00 at the end of last year. So if your next shipment is coming at at 30% cheaper, droping your prices by 25% probably take into account the dollar base pricing and passes that onto the consumer! Probike still are probably making the same margins - and they need too! Do any of you guys work for free? Why should they!

Who I do feel for is the LBS who have stock at the old prices - will Pro bike credit them for this or are they going to have to sell this at a loss? Remembering they would have at it on the floor for about 3 months - and that in itself cost! Or will this just mean more shops close?

oh mother of google' date=' pineapple pizza .... now that deserves some popcorn

[/quote']

I'm too poor for pineapple on pizza, have had to settle for pineapple on toast instead.