Helmets

Greenie

Ok, obviously you have made up your mind about buying a Giro........nice helmet and very comfy as I have one.....

The biggest thing you need to make sure off before your final decision however is that the helmet fits your head's profile.....

As for the price.......as far as I know they have a standard type pricing so you won't really get a better price at any shop accept at someone like Cajees which buys HUGE quantities.

Hope it helps

Guest Big H

Greenie do not listen to any of these guys. The choice of a helmet, like a saddle is a personal affair, like a saddle and iWe were all made with different shape and size noggins. Your aim is to protect you cranium in the best possible way. If you are well endowed with lots of brain capacity like me your type of helmet is limited. Make sure that you buy the best helmet you van afford that fits your head the best. CANNOT be determined by your choice or preference of a brand.  We were all made with different sized noggins and the helmet must fit your head perfectly. The helmet must be made with the in-mould technology ie where the outer skin of the helmet is fused to the softer inners made of polystyrene. Make sure the helmet has a infinite adjustment strap. Make sure the helmet has replaceable pads that ensures a better fit. When you fit the helmet it must not be able to rock forwards and backwards. When the helmet is adjusted to fit on your head it must be a firm fit without pinching or feeling uncomfortable. When you rotate the helmet the loose skin on your forehead must move with the helmet but never be uncomfortable!!!!. Be very wary of a salesman trying to promote the brand his shop stocks and to earn commission.... they are unscrupolous and WILL do that!!!!!!

I still think that no matter what head profile you have, the Atmos is uncomfortable. You just have to see the pro team line-up. Only discovery uses Atmos.

i have a bell sweep and at the expo the other day i tried on a atmos and it just felt so comfortable on my head but i was wanting to find the best price possible havent had much luck yet

Bell it is. I prefer the adjustment knob to some of the other helmets contraptions.

With Giro you end up paying extra just for the name, I've ridden with Giro and Bell, as they get made in the same factory, I couldn't notice any difference, I would say, go for Bell, just check about the crash garantee, don't know if Bell has it, it comes in nice and handy when you crash, you end up paying only about half for a new helmet

OcT, Bell has the crash replacement - anc because Giro are part of htem it's interchangeable (trust me, i've tested this 2 years ina  row... from Ghissalo to Atmos to Sweep R). personally i find the Bell fits better than the Giro, but that would differ from person to person

SP' date=' Yes (it has a visor).

Retail price was R 750, but got a 25% discount for crash replacement and a further 10% because I charfed her lekker like Big%20smile

[/quote']

Bell and Giro helmets are supported by the same SA company and have the following great replacement policy: If you crash and damage your helmet in the first three years, they will replace your helmet at 30% of the current cost of the model you have.  That is a 70% discount (not 35%  like you got Thug!).  Make sure your LBS gets you the deal and does not short change you!!!Wink

Another great reason to go with Bell or Giro!

I still think that no matter what head profile you have' date=' the Atmos is uncomfortable. You just have to see the pro team line-up. Only discovery uses Atmos.[/quote']

Err... No. Also used by Caisse d'Epairgne, Rabobank, and Credit Agricole.