AMA 100miler

Robbo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky for me I'm small so can hide behind team mates and any one bigger than me' date=' I hope Diaken will take the lead or even Anderson Transport so we can hide behind them, like a moerse Roady race:-D[/quote'] Thats just sad in so many ways smiley5.gif smiley11.gif

it's called stratagy Fatty' date=' get with the programe! pansie@![/quote'] Nah, I had enough of your wheelsuckers, hence I'm switching to events where you run after you've ridden alone (and drafting isn't allowed) smiley2.gif

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Good luck, dress warm, it's going to be a long day out there!

fork that, I hardly have time to train for Cycling, never mind running on top of that, just don't start swimming to!Wink

Ā 

Lucky for me I'm small so can hide behind team mates and any one bigger than me' date=' I hope Diaken will take the lead or even Anderson Transport so we can hide behind them, like a moerse Roady race:-D[/quote']

Ā 

Diaken will NOT take the lead, coz Diaken will be preparing for church the next day to collect money as Diaken normally does.

Ā 

Daikin on the other hand will help you where they can.....if you can hang onWink

Ā 

I'm not talking about myself, I'll be slipping and pipping you at the right times

Ā 

I haven't ridden in the rain in quite a while - looking forward to wallowing in the mud and grime. I wanted to test out how good my tyres were in the mud, and this is as good a chance as any...

Ā 

Just hope enough people rock up to make the racing good...

Ā 

Marius, have you tried to draft in the rain and mud before?

You're certainly going to get your fill of roughage.

Nah, I've done a few Mtb races in the Mud, did not slip, but I had this idea in my head this is going to be like big open farm roads were slipping would be possible. We will have to see, it's definitely not a all out Mtb race, some Road / Epic slipping will apply me thinks.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

en still in die Kombuis Naas!Wink

Ā 

Can you imagine if the weather doesn't pitch and we don't go through to the start because we decided today not to ride tomorrow, so you don't set your alarm?

Simon Gear and Rob van Dam better start running now.

Can you imagine if the weather doesn't pitch and we don't go through to the start because we decided today not to ride tomorrow' date=' so you don't set your alarm?

Simon Gear and Rob van Dam better start running now.
[/quote']

Derek van Dam is in europe at the moment. Even a guy who works 5minutes a day needs aĀ holiday

Ā 

they replaced him with a little cutie, but look what she'sĀ done to the weather!

Ā 

Nah' date=' I've done a few Mtb races in the Mud, did not slip, but I had this idea in my head this is going to be like big open farm roads were slipping would be possible. We will have to see, it's definitely not a all out Mtb race, some Road / Epic slipping will apply me thinks.

en still in die Kombuis Naas!Wink

Ā [/quote']

You just slip to one side, so the mud stripe from the rider in front nails you on the shoulder, and not in the face.

Ā 

Ā 

Definitely going to put my crud catcher on...

Ā 

I can't believe that the event is going ahead based on all the weather warnings for the weekend, including the predictions from Windguru and Weathersa.

Ā 

If the PPA can postpone the 1 tonner then there is no reason why this can't be postponed.Ā  The organisers obviously feel that they have the entrant's money now so let's keep it.Ā  This is very short sighted and what could turn out to be the DC for MTB'ers will not start off on a good note.

Ā 

Apparantly the organisers say that it will be too much effort to postpone now - "so let's take the easy way out" and put the MTD'ers at risk in storm and gale force conditions.

Ā 

Nice one AMArider's so much for the MTB sport you are "avid"supporters of!!!!!!!