AMA 100miler

Robbo

I have to agree with Fatty.

I consider myself to be reasonably hardcore' date=' but I'm not stupid enough to be riding tomorrow just to prove it. I also love my drivetrain and brakes too much to put them through that.

[/quote']

Have to agree with ChrisH.

I remember after a very wet and muddy Sani 2C a few years ago everyone having to consider replacing their drivetrains.

Hopefully your bank balance can sustain this.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Fatty.

I consider myself to be reasonably hardcore' date=' but I'm not stupid enough to be riding tomorrow just to prove it. I also love my drivetrain and brakes too much to put them through that.

[/quote']

Have to agree with ChrisH.

I remember after a very wet and muddy Sani 2C a few years ago everyone having to consider replacing their drivetrains.

Hopefully your bank balance can sustain this.

hey, there's mud and there's mud.

since this is mostly farm road gravel, and not river crossing forest stuff I think we might survive. but only time will tell.

i'm not planning on using brakes much anyway, might even take the rears off tonight

If you can't take the heat' date=' stay out of the kitchen.

[/quote']

I suppose the fact that Robbo has done 5 Epics would make him a chicken/scared of riding 100 miles in gale force winds and p!ssing rain? Usual ill-considered comment.

Post has been changed to fall in with your views on everything. Have a great day.

Thanks Nix TCR for posting Meurant and Arina's email - although have entered the 100miler.. did not get the email.

Oh yeah, the soft roadies and mtb'er who should be roadies have already eliminated themselves, this is gonna be a whole bunch of fun! I can honestly hardly wait, and it's gonna be my new bike's first ride!

Yay!

I for one have learned my lesson 2 years ago with the stb wine festival, it only stopped raining 5 o'clock that morning.

It was also mainly on farm roads, and I promise you there is a lot of soft clay and mud on those roads after a couple hundred riders went over it.

I decided that it's not worth it to put your bike through that conditions, unless you have the money to replace everything that needs replacing afterwards.... and at a certain point it's just nof fun anymore.

Not fun? Of course it's fun! Besides if you clean your bike properly afterwards it really shouldn't be an issue.

as a windsurfing mtber, i'm a little bit worried now that I see all the okes planning missions to velddrif mudflats to set speed records.

30knots NW. gusty and nasty

it is going to be HARDCORE

can't wait (won't be surprised if we only have 3 on the startline!)

as a windsurfing mtber' date=' i'm a little bit worried now that I see all the okes planning missions to velddrif mudflats to set speed records.

30knots NW. gusty and nasty

it is going to be HARDCORE

can't wait (won't be surprised if we only have 3 on the startline!)
[/quote']

damn we are crazy...Confused Big%20smile

The Harder, longer and dirtier it is the better the stories afterwards will be! Bring it Mother Weather Bitches!!!Cool

I'm worried about technical assistance.  Does anyone know whether there will be mechanical assistance at the waterpoints and/or vehicle support?  If my bike breaks its a moeroffa long way to walk...

I'm worried about technical assistance.  Does anyone know whether there will be mechanical assistance at the waterpoints and/or vehicle support?  If my bike breaks its a moeroffa long way to walk...

Walk?? swem jannie swem!LOL

the first 90km's is going to be tough as nails, but after that we open the sails and blow right back to the finish!!

Lucky for me I'm small so can hide behind team mates and any one bigger than me, I hope Diaken will take the lead or even Anderson Transport so we can hide behind them, like a moerse Roady race:-D