Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome colour scheme!

Thanks! I would still love to get a white fork and white rims...... then I would be satisfied, for a week or two!!!

Some white Halo Freedom disk rims and a white float 36 RC2 with the new fox coating on it....or maybe a white lyrik with the new black "blackbox" coating that they are bringing out!!!!

Love the colour way pappa bear - and its a Morewood! Go local

Hello to all Morewooders overhere!

Very nice to see your bikes and read about them.

Since you don't see too many Morewoods where I live I decided to subscribe to this forum. Always nice to read something about your favorite bike. (Since I ride my Shova I've become somewhat of a Morewood-fan... sounds familiar? ;-))

Besides my own Shova ST I've never seen another Morewood irl. Maybe it's because we hardly have any mountains overhere in Holland, maybe it's because we've got no Morewood-dealers, I don't know. Doesn't matter, since there's internet it's easy to get information and buy stuff all around the world :)

Anyway, I'd like to show my bike to people who appreciate a Morewood when they see one ;-)

So here it is.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/525/morewoodjan2010002.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2998/morewoodjan2010007.jpg

And because a bike needs to be ridden here some other pics (wish they were made in Holland but they're not. It's the French Alps...)

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2884/17954374.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4876/27273324.jpg

For those who'd like to know the specs:

-Shova ST size S 2007 + FoxRP23

-Fox Talas RLC

-X0 rear mech and twisters, XT front

-RaceFace Evolve 22/34/bash

-Hope hubs with Mavic xc717 disc rims and Nobby Nic 2.4 tires

-XT four piston brakes 203/160

-Hope stem, Syntace carbon bars, KS 950i post and Fizik Vitesse saddle

It's kind of an xc-ish build, I don't do anything foolish with the bike ;-)

Hope you like it,

kind regards,

Paul

Great pics Kermit! Love the action shots!

And you've come to the right place in terms of people who appreciate Morewoods. Unfortunately it has been fairly often that people have asked me what bike I ride, and then they look at me blankly when I reply "a Morewood"... and more tragic is that some of those people are employees at the LBSes near me.

Anyway... I gotta ask... where did you get your KS seat post? Did you buy overseas, or is there a local agent/retailer? Also, what do they cost if you don't mind me asking? Similar to Crank Brothers Joplin 4 I'm guessing?!

My latest Morewood

My flipping word ... that Zula looks like it is traveling at 100km/h and yet it is standing still :o

Great pics Kermit! Love the action shots!

And you've come to the right place in terms of people who appreciate Morewoods. Unfortunately it has been fairly often that people have asked me what bike I ride, and then they look at me blankly when I reply "a Morewood"... and more tragic is that some of those people are employees at the LBSes near me.

Anyway... I gotta ask... where did you get your KS seat post? Did you buy overseas, or is there a local agent/retailer? Also, what do they cost if you don't mind me asking? Similar to Crank Brothers Joplin 4 I'm guessing?!

Thanks, I loved "posing" for the action shots as well ;)

Most people I meet when riding don't know the Morewood brand at all. Give's you something to talk about, which can be nice.

I ordered the post at a german webshop (for us the german webshops are often the cheapest ones). Prices were doing around 200 euros but now the KindShocks are becoming easier to get there are shops that sell them for less.

I didn't want a Joplin because the setback makes the seat angle too slack for my liking. And the KS has a 5" drop which is a plus also.

Besides the Shova I also have a hardtail, but when I see these Zula's like the one above... very nice! Maybe someday when money is not an object anymore I'll sell the ht and buy a Zula... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My tighty whitey.

Fox F32 RLC

SRAM X.0 derailleur and Twist Shifters

XT crankset and front derailleur

Ritchey wet white stem, bars and seatpost

Fizik Gobi Kium seat

XTR 960 wheelset (American Classics in white for christmas...)

Various bits of Hope, KCNC and Aerozine ano bits in red

This machine is a rocket!post-2861-097747700 1282673491.jpg

• 1 month later...

Morning all, I admit I use to look down on Morewood owners, but er, mm, Ive now got one. She is not all done yet, theres still a CRC package outstanding : ) but It comes in today so I'll update it with this.

I rode my trusty Blur LT and to all my riding buddies' dissapointment I finally sold it. I wanted something a little more snappy- lighter( ok the lighter thing didnt really work as its almost the same as my blur)

But It sparked off the pocket empty'ng and Its now almost done. I got a Reba SL which goes nice with my blue trusty Hope-revolution+equilizer 23 wheelset, I just need to put a spacer in there to get it to 105-110mm the front is to high for my liking.

The Drivetrain, well It needed replacing anyway.. :) I ordered some Specialite blades with Stewy 911 I got a 42-26 , with a 11-34 casette. So far Ive ridden up steeeep stuff but the problem is when the legs are tired.. Lets wait and see I think 27t is the hot ticket.

Then I got some Juicy ultimates here on the hub they save about 100g and are more powerfull than my deore's though the colour isnt right : (

I have ridden the bike twice in the 3 weeks Ive had it (terrible I know) first time in jonkers, I rode it to hard, and I hated it. Then I rode it again last saturday, And I now love it. I feel very comfortable on it and the handling is as good as my blur, though the blur saved my ass a bit more since it had 35mm more travel(VPP that is) THe suspension would never be on par with a lincage design like the blur but Its ok for what I need. as long as its still fun, and I can go out of control fast!! yess!

post-1279-037455500 1287040255.jpg

post-1279-070446700 1287040273.jpg

post-1279-016305000 1287040357.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally built my zula, 2 things still outstanding, had the wrong front derailer so a LX will have to do for next week as well as rear brake cable not being long enough so a temp fix with tape is making it an "ula" now(waiting for Elixir hose fittings) :)

This pic was taken as we took her of the stand, so the seatpost looks a bit odd. Took it out yesterday and had a blast

Big thanks to all the hub guys for the deals on the components

Gogga, Nathrix, Ngala, CharlesKeey and Mackie :thumbup:

post-9825-011812600 1289201098.jpg

@rouxtjie

Awesome bike :-)

And a thanx to Josh at cyclist workshop for the excellent Zula bike build..... That baby went perfectly yesterday (Even after Kerry tested it)

Archived