Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

Basic build. Proper rear Der being sorted and new dropper post should be done by next week. I might put the ss Green rimmed dartmoor raider wheels on as the current set needs some tlc.

Spin around the block feels positive, now just to dial the bike in.

post-5403-1409007118,3731.jpgpost-5403-1409007140,4242.jpgpost-5403-1409007161,588.jpgpost-5403-1409007175,0859.jpg

Looking good! The Green wheels would go nicely with the decals.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this was a custom fit Greg M to race the mega avalanche when he was with Honda. You will also note that the shock mounts to the underside of the top tube and not the down tube as per standard.

Further to this the bus at mw have machined up a thru axel conversion that is not shown on the pic :)

How would the change in shock mount position affect things, why would they need to do that, bike looks pretty much exactly like a shova now?

How would the change in shock mount position affect things, why would they need to do that, bike looks pretty much exactly like a shova now?

My thoughts as well, but has slack HA & ISCG tabs.

My thoughts as well, but has slack HA & ISCG tabs.

I was also a little put off by the thought there of .... but I loved my Shova, so I recon that this then is a Shova when it is all grown up.

The ISG tabs though are the old school tabs, so my guide had to run with a BB adapter.

The HA is slacker than the Shova, but by no stretch of the imagination is it slack compared to the modern splurge of #ENDURO rides, also known as All Mountain Bikes to those before the big thing being Enduro Specific this and that!

I was also a little put off by the thought there of .... but I loved my Shova, so I recon that this then is a Shova when it is all grown up.

The ISG tabs though are the old school tabs, so my guide had to run with a BB adapter.

The HA is slacker than the Shova, but by no stretch of the imagination is it slack compared to the modern splurge of #ENDURO rides, also known as All Mountain Bikes to those before the big thing being Enduro Specific this and that!

True regarding the HA.

I actually meant slack'-er' than the Shova.

What is the HA on the Mbuzi? 67° right?

With this Zuliza being a cross breed whatever you want to call it: Shozi, Mbuva, Shova MT...

It will be a very lekker bike when you've dialled it!!!

True regarding the HA.

That should be a lekker bike when you've dialled it!!!

What's the HA on a shova? they are pretty damn slack, one reason why they handle so well I suppose, especially with a 140mm fork and wide bars they feel a bit like riding a chopper

What's the HA on a shova? they are pretty damn slack, one reason why they handle so well I suppose, especially with a 140mm fork and wide bars they feel a bit like riding a chopper

Shova ST's is quite steep at 69° with 140mm fork.

It feels much better with a 150mm fork, short 45-50mm stem & -1.5° angleset headset.

True regarding the HA.

With this Zuliza being a cross breed whatever you want to call it: Shozi, Mbuva, Shova MT...

It will be a very lekker bike when you've dialled it!!!

I was actually thinking this frame could do with a nice 180mm fork :) .... but that would be complete overkill ....

I was actually thinking this frame could do with a nice 180mm fork :) .... but that would be complete overkill ....

I may know of a 180 marzo :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Morewood 'Zuliza'.

120 - 150mm front travel (I spoke to Patrick and he said he designed it for 120 - 140mm)
100mm rear travel

Revelation RCT3 Dual Position fork
Saint 9sp drive train
Hope Tech M4 Ltd brakes
Dartmoor Rims on Superstar Trizoid hubs
Superstar seatpost and stem
Renthal bars

Nippy and fun. Can't wait to have a proper jump session on it.

post-10758-1412139382,8492.jpg

post-10758-1412139470,5227.jpg

Morewood 'Zuliza'.

120 - 150mm front travel (I spoke to Patrick and he said he designed it for 120 - 140mm)

100mm rear travel

Revelation RCT3 Dual Position fork

Saint 9sp drive train

Hope Tech M4 Ltd brakes

Dartmoor Rims on Superstar Trizoid hubs

Superstar seatpost and stem

Renthal bars

Nippy and fun. Can't wait to have a proper jump session on it.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1412139373111.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1412139405501.jpg

Many happy air miles

Looks awesome!

Archived