Lactate threshold test

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there not something simple, I am 36 years old therefore my max Heart Rate should be 184 if my calculations are correct. I have seen it at 189 before but that is besides the point.

Is there not a zone that I can train in let's say between 120 and 160 for the training to be effective?

Thanks for the advice... I guess one step at a time.

Having improved my PB of 04:06 to 03:13 (94.7) and 03:43 to 02:51 (H2H) - I can see that spinning, w/e rides and gym work does count for something. Having only done 1 Argus I will have to wait until next year to see if I can improve on the 3:14 posted this year.

I guess time will tell.

Is there not something simple' date=' I am 36 years old therefore my max Heart Rate should be 184 if my calculations are correct. I have seen it at 189 before but that is besides the point.

Is there not a zone that I can train in let's say between 120 and 160 for the training to be effective?
[/quote']

The answer is yes - if you ride at what we call tempo (75-85% MHR so 142 - 161) then you will improve fitness.

There are many different aspects to cycle training and to ride in one zone all the time is not the best use of your time - but if you do only ride in one zone then this would be it IMO.

Brilliant - thanks so much this makes my life easier, more time to pedal and less time to worry about what my plasma levels are doing in conjuction with my muscle difibulation and mastication - oh brother, I'll stick to the zone training which you have given me.Clap

Hey Muxman, get a coach. Best investment I have ever made, it has saved me so much time it's almost ridiculous!

Titus I recently joined a club and the "leader of the pack" has been giving me some pointers then killing me on the road, makes me throw up a lot. He is not in my good books at the moment, so I am really looking to get fitter and then get out there to bust his balls and laugh in his face when he sees what it feels like to be finding a bush.

Brilliant - thanks so much this makes my life easier' date=' more time to pedal and less time to worry about what my plasma levels are doing in conjuction with my muscle difibulation and mastication - oh brother, I'll stick to the zone training which you have given me.Clap[/quote']

Caveat - this is not a training programme or prescription and it is not the best way to train (as I said) but will at least lead to fitness improvements over time if used with some common sense.

Good luck.

Thanks Bikemax - I understand and take heed to your warning but at the moment if it leads to improved fitness I will use it, with the common sense of course.Smile MuXmAn2007-03-23 07:34:54

BikeMax

Thanks for all your input, it is great having someone on the hub that truly does know what he is talking about.