Safety Issues AGAIN

Wendell

...A rider killed/hurt on a route without signage might be able to justify a 70% negligence factor (example) in a RAF claim. With Shaun sign's in place' date=' that same incident will raise the drivers attributable negligence to 90%, because of the relevant signage in the area / the driver was warned...[/quote']

Wow, didn't know this, thanks for the info, Peloton.

REALLY, REALLY nice initiative, Shaun! Clap

Guest Big H

Peleton, very well put.

The idea of licensing a cyclist is more to make the cyclist accountable for his own actions.  Cyclists and more specifically a group of cyclists becomes a  nonsencical (sic) animal with no cognative sense of IQ. Wanton abuse of any conceivable rules take place and this ilks the ire of other road users and in the process endangers the existence of well behaved cyclists. Licensing will enable control by law over cyclists in the same way it controls motorists. Currently there is no or little way to apprehend or really prosecute cyclists which transgress the law.

The other aspect of licensing is the damage caused by vehicle axle mass. I will agree that resultant axle mass damage or overloading is more damaging to our roads and their formation and that warrants licensing for motor vehicles. Bicycles has no structural effect on roads. The extra forces induced by a plus E80 axle mass is amazing and increases exponentially as the mass rises. Licensing can never ever compensate for that. Large Toll Concessions are in trouble because wanton overloading is causing failure of their "investment"... ie the road. The road will most likely fail before they are able to recoup their initial investment.

Some form of regulated control needs to be implemented to formalise use of the road by cyclists.... and by that I mean all cyclists, commuters, sports and professional. Licensing may not be the correct way to do it but maybe, just maybe this debate can stimulate some way of proper control.

MMM That driver?

MTN or Exell?

His son is in the peleton?

I remember this post about a manager at the Giro:

''  PLEASE check the credentials of the team managers , are they qualified to manage a GIRO team... and not some micky mouse local team...One of the local team managers was the cause of an invited rider, to be eliminated due to the fact he wasn,t where he was supposed to be in the convoy when the rider needed him. Instead  he was so busy worring about his own son being dropped, and bringing him back to the bunch. Who was by the way riding for a completely different team..This happened to 2 seperate riders...
Completely unprofessional behaviour PLEASE check the credentials of the team managers , are they qualified to manage a GIRO team... and not some micky mouse local team...One of the local team managers was the cause of an invited rider, to be eliminated due to the fact he wasn,t where he was supposed to be in the convoy when the rider needed him. Instead  he was so busy worring about his own son being dropped, and bringing him back to the bunch. Who was by the way riding for a completely different team..This happened to 2 seperate riders...
Completely unprofessional behaviour ''

Maybe the same person?

I would Normally sort this matter out behind the scenes and that is what I tried to do but his attitude has promted me to take his own advice...Do what you want to... The man a cyclist himself Ken Brown, has a son in the team and the team is HI-Q. and as a number of my friends ride for the team I hope this gets sorted out to prevent them getting the bad name.

Guest Big H

oops sorry @ 011 - 450 3182 and ask to speak to their Manager. Tell him to respond on the Hub (die Wielnaaf)

I know Ken and his son David, very nice helpful people. To what aspect was Ken involved as has no direct links to Hi Q except that his son rides for the team

Well Goofs has hit the nail on the head. Ken Brown is most likely not qualified to be in the convoy.

Thats why he does not know how to behave in the said situation.

Robbie Nilsen would not take this lightly.
David #72007-03-23 11:49:43

Goofs please do that and let us know. I would not know Ken if he walked through my front door. He might be a likeable chap that just got caught up in the heat of the moment.

If that is the case a simple apology should be okay by me.