DCM CHROME BRANDON STEWART

Brandonmtb

Oh' date=' and dont assume that outside of the cycling world our jobs are rosy and secure and that we all doddle to work on a Monday and everything is peachy.

[/quote']

Absolutely on the button.

I think very few folks jobs are secure in this economic climate - just yesterday I popped in to see a client in a huge multinational company we  work with and he was gone, retrenched with a few months pay on 31 May. Highly competant and educated man, been with the company for over 20 years. He is 51 years old and has two kids in varsity.

I don't he was assuming that at all.

Reading the entire post in context the guys job could well have been under threat due to some really puerile threads recently.

Don't any of us would like to be in that situation, Stewart has my respect for coming on here to present a balanced side.

Does him and his sponsor DCM credit.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh' date=' and dont assume that outside of the cycling world our jobs are rosy and secure and that we all doddle to work on a Monday and everything is peachy.

[/quote']

Absolutely on the button.

I think very few folks jobs are secure in this economic climate - just yesterday I popped in to see a client in a huge multinational company we  work with and he was gone, retrenched with a few months pay on 31 May. Highly competant and educated man, been with the company for over 20 years. He is 51 years old and has two kids in varsity.

I don't he was assuming that at all.

Reading the entire post in context the guys job could well have been under threat due to some really puerile threads recently.

Don't any of us would like to be in that situation, Stewart has my respect for coming on here to present a balanced side.

Does him and his sponsor DCM credit.

I really doubt it. Sponsors are made of firmer material.

But, be that as it may, I have no interest in DCM or the issue really, I was just commenting that NOBODIES job is secure in this economy, its rather naive to believe that just because most of us are in main stream employ, we are not subject to the various ills that blow through all jobs.

Brandon rather focus on riding your awesome Cannondale and klapping more Pommies in races... Well done to you and your team on your recent performances. Leave the politics up to the politicians. Let your legs do the talking ..

?and don't switch your competitorsWink

Kevin shouldnt of been in the way and when he gets beaten there is always an excuse. As Brandon said there are 2 sides to every story and we only seem to hear Kevins...

LOL

but?actually in this case' date=' kevin was silent at the time - apart from registering a protest - while brandon was the vocal one.
[/quote']

MTN seem to be well versed in the art of protesting.  Thumbs%20Down

After meeting the guys at Graskop I can second this. Keep up the good work DCM and dont let any bad publicity get you down.

Look I know, as I have worked on teams in the past few years, that in the local racing scene the mechanic always gets forgotten about and never gets to the front of the queue when it comes to handing out the paycheques. As with any team the riders always get paid correctly and first and the mechanic is an after thought. Thats why there are so few mechanics out there that are prepared to do this job.

Look I know' date=' as I have worked on teams in the past few years, that in the local racing scene the mechanic always gets forgotten about and never gets to the front of the queue when it comes to handing out the paycheques. As with any team the riders always get paid correctly and first and the mechanic is an after thought. Thats why there are so few mechanics out there that are prepared to do this job.[/quote']

There is the exceptions. I know that the Medscheme mechanic is very well looked after.

Nice Brandon smiley20.gif

Im with you on this 100%

People are playing with the riders careers when they make these stupid comments.

Nice Brandon smiley20.gif

Im with you on this 100%

People are playing with the riders careers when they make these stupid comments.

What was stupid about Tiger Cycles saying he hadn't been paid a full 2 Months after he worked for the team.

No one gave the Astana team a hard time when they protested at the Giro about exactly the same thing.

Brandon Stewart is by far one of THE most professional riders i have the pleasure of working with. And that goes for ALL the riders of DCM Chrome at this years Epic.

Never once did i call for any heads to roll. As well as for any sponsorship to be withdrawn. That was brought up by readers of my original post.

My plighgt was set to get a reaction from the mangement of DCM . Which i got.

Brandon Stewart is by far one of THE most professional riders i have the pleasure of working with. And that goes for ALL the riders of DCM Chrome at this years Epic.

Never once did i call for any heads to roll. As well as for any sponsorship to be withdrawn. That was brought up by readers of my original post.

My plighgt was set to get a reaction from the mangement of DCM . Which i got.

I read Tinkers blog and he had really good things to say about you. Hope you got sorted out.

Look I know' date=' as I have worked on teams in the past few years, that in the local racing scene the mechanic always gets forgotten about and never gets to the front of the queue when it comes to handing out the paycheques. As with any team the riders always get paid correctly and first and the mechanic is an after thought. Thats why there are so few mechanics out there that are prepared to do this job.[/quote']

This is SO the truth.....

Upshot of the phonecall from Jason was that he was going in for an operation on Wednesday AND that Ian was returning from abroad on Wednesday and they would MOST likely miss each other.

Therefore , i wait.....

For payment that is....

What REALLY bites me in the hiney is that Ian did not even have the decency to thank me for keeping his guys bikes going throughout the epic.

I meqan a top 20 finish AND 2nd on the final stage.....

So maybe i did not do too cr*ppy a job..... OR what..... 

DCM do not pay their bills

Its as simple as that.

As for the opening statement on this thread by Brandon Stewart was a lot of waffle.

Guys its not what you think,we get paid and Ian is such a good guy and I hope this gives our side of the story.

Who cares....Tiger wants his money.

If it was me I would have been into their office so fast and pulled someone through his naught.
Kranswurm2009-06-05 09:12:28