DCM CHROME BRANDON STEWART

Brandonmtb

DCM do not pay their bills

Its as simple as that.

As for the opening statement on this thread by Brandon Stewart was a lot of waffle.

Guys its not what you think' date='we get paid and Ian is such a good guy and I hope this gives our side of the story.

Who cares....Tiger wants his money.

If it was me I would have been into their office so fast and pulled someone through his naught.
[/quote']

especially the last line of the original post. there are "reasons"...so what are they?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its as simple as that.

As for the opening statement on this thread by Brandon Stewart was a lot of waffle.

Guys its not what you think' date='we get paid and Ian is such a good guy and I hope this gives our side of the story.

If it was me I would have been into their office so fast and pulled someone through his naught.
[/quote']

especially the last line of the original post. there are "reasons"...so what are they?

Its as simple as that.

[/quote']

HR, stop being a nosey parker (including customary overtoned condescending wink) Wink

These DCM threads have created alot of emotion and created sort of a battle between all the guys supporting Tiger and those trying to back up DCM or the riders or their management and none of us have all the facts from both sides

The way I understand it Tiger was Hired he did the work at a pre arranged fee per bike/rider per day.

As far as I can see no one is questioning his work or the quality of the service he provided so can I assume DCM were happy with Tiger maybe Brandon could confirm the team was happy with Tiger

After this Tiger gave them his invoice

Months down the line all this is going on and Tiger does not look he is getting any closer to getting his money.

That is wrong bad business bad publicity bad evreything and its not defendable to not pay someone when they have provided a good service.

If Tiger did a crap job ,overcharged or is out of line with paperwork or any other pre requisit of him getting paid then why have DCM just not stated this.

IF not its really time to pay up and then this can be put to bed

As for me...... Unfortunately my opinion about DCM chrome has changed completely after this whole thing....... Does not matter what the outcome will be eventually, doubt if it will change back

Its as simple as that.

[/quote']

HR, stop being a nosey parker (including customary overtoned condescending wink) Wink

i deserved that! smiley36.gif

I have been watching this thread for a while and I think it is about time for a reality check!

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This bickering and ranting has no effect on DCM?s business and their bottom line but it most definitely has every reason to disenchant a passionate sponsor and cost a number of cyclist their jobs and livelihood. The saying loose lips sink ships is quite applicable here needless to say.

Think about this for a second, here is a sponsor who funds the top team in SA and raises the game for pro MTB teams in SA. DCM also rescued the World Cup when they couldn?t find a sponsor to host the event thus saving SA from some serious shame and the risk never to have a chance to play host again ? just look at the success it turned out to be! Another very interesting fact is that the juniors currently racing in Europe is funded and made possible by the selfsame DCM.

Tiger I really think you should have thought twice before airing your dirty laundry in public. What you are effectively doing is giving DCM a trail by media (or public forum as it may) but without their side of the story. Now I actually applaud DCM for trying to handle this in a civilized manner and not giving Tiger a bloody nose in public as they could have easily done.

Being in the marketing side of our industry I know the value of a sponsor like DCM and trust me when I say they are hard to find. I caught up with the DCM boys at Rooiberg and out of interest had a chat to Ian. Now it seems to me that there is an obvious dispute about damage caused that amounts to R40 000 and this was likely because of negligence. You don?t have to be a rocket scientist to see why DCM might have wanted to clear up some concerns first and like a responsible big company go through the motions of resolving a dispute amicably. Now for a large company with a new staff member handling this issue it is only logic for it to take a bit longer than Tiger would have liked.

I cringed at almost every post made on the topic since everyone is so quick to flame the guy doing a world of good for the sport we all love. Consider for once the true effect of the public smearing you are so quick to indulge in and the ?good? it does for the sport.

Problem is that no one seems to have told tiger cycles about the possible reason for non payment..

99% of people would have reacted the same way as he did.. I feel his frustration..

DCM/Ian.. etc, etc whoever is involved is not affected by the non payment, they go on drawing salaries... not so tiger who is a small business..

It increasingly appears to be a case of DCM the actual company having no idea of what we are talking about and rather rely on a manager to authorise invoices which were obviously budgeted for in the 1st place..

Its highly unlikely that tiger would have so lambasted a company on a public forum if he knew what the potential fallout might be if he was shown to be wrong. Tiger has a shop and relies on customers... his reputation would suffer if he was being selective in his postings...

As far as Brandons post goes..... it accomplished nothing. If he is/was so fearful of losing his teams sponsor, why doesnt he put pressure on the manager to pay the ruddy mechanic.

Nowhere did tiger or any of the other posters question the riders.. Riders on the team have nothing to do with supplier payments and as such his post here accomplished zero..

The fact that DCM saved the World Cup has f all to do with a payment to a small supplier.. I cant actually believe that this was offered up as a reason to leave the company alone...

Not so much DCM here at fault, but more the manager who would be responsible for contratcual payments..

To those negative towards tiger, try your hand at being a small business for awhile... and find out what negative cash flow is like... Its hard being understanding when you dont get paid because people are 'too busy', 'travelling', ' in a meeting', 'is overseas'..

I have been watching this thread for a while and I think it is about time for a reality check!

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This bickering and ranting has no effect on DCM?s business and their bottom line but it most definitely has every reason to disenchant a passionate sponsor and cost a number of cyclist their jobs and livelihood. The saying loose lips sink ships is quite applicable here needless to say.

Think about this for a second, here is a sponsor who funds the top team in SA and raises the game for pro MTB teams in SA. DCM also rescued the World Cup when they couldn?t find a sponsor to host the event thus saving SA from some serious shame and the risk never to have a chance to play host again ? just look at the success it turned out to be! Another very interesting fact is that the juniors currently racing in Europe is funded and made possible by the selfsame DCM.

Tiger I really think you should have thought twice before airing your dirty laundry in public. What you are effectively doing is giving DCM a trail by media (or public forum as it may) but without their side of the story. Now I actually applaud DCM for trying to handle this in a civilized manner and not giving Tiger a bloody nose in public as they could have easily done.

Being in the marketing side of our industry I know the value of a sponsor like DCM and trust me when I say they are hard to find. I caught up with the DCM boys at Rooiberg and out of interest had a chat to Ian. Now it seems to me that there is an obvious dispute about damage caused that amounts to R40 000 and this was likely because of negligence. You don?t have to be a rocket scientist to see why DCM might have wanted to clear up some concerns first and like a responsible big company go through the motions of resolving a dispute amicably. Now for a large company with a new staff member handling this issue it is only logic for it to take a bit longer than Tiger would have liked.

I cringed at almost every post made on the topic since everyone is so quick to flame the guy doing a world of good for the sport we all love. Consider for once the true effect of the public smearing you are so quick to indulge in and the ?good? it does for the sport.

[/quote']

Exactly why I stated before that Ian too needs his "soap box" moment on the Hub. The old maxim about these situations stands .. Ian's side, Tigers side, and somewhere between the two, the truth. Does Ian even know what's been said here on the Hub ? I'm sure that a person in his position would relish the PR opportunity to put his side forward.

Guest Agteros

[/quote']

What TigerCycles has done is exactly what the ITC does for companies. Let the world know  about entities with bad payment history? What is wrong with that?

Why should he be concerned about anything else than the services rendered, and the (non) payment for those?

If DCM gave any hooha about their reputation they would have sorted this issues as soon as it became public. To me it doesnt look very complicated. They owe a guy money for work done...and now they give him the run around. It stays wrong, no matter how much Zoon and Brandon tries to tell us otherwise.

[/quote']

What TigerCycles has done is exactly what the ITC does for companies. Let the world know  about entities with bad payment history? What is wrong with that?

Why should he be concerned about anything else than the services rendered, and the (non) payment for those?

ZOON....Just hold your horses here.....I understand you trying to buttercup DCM here.BUT.... That frame came to the Epic With the loose rivnuts. When i got there Saturday during the pro-logue....They were trying to fix the problem themselves. Like you say...The story has 2 sides....

[/quote']

ZOON....Just hold your horses here.....I understand you trying to buttercup DCM here.BUT.... That frame came to the Epic With the loose rivnuts. When i got there Saturday during the pro-logue....They were trying to fix the problem themselves. Like you say...The story has 2 sides....

So ek aanvaar jy wag nog vir jou geldShocked

If DCM gave any hooha about their reputation they would have sorted this issues as soon as it became public. To me it doesnt look very complicated. They owe a guy money for work done...and now they give him the run around. It stays wrong' date=' no matter how much Zoon and Brandon tries to tell us otherwise.[/quote']

I agree, just pay up and stop dragging it out...Besides which guys like Ian surely have a P.A so if he's "too busy" "overseas" etc a simple phonecall/sms to his P.A the whole thing could be sorted before its a huge problem as it is now. As for the damages incured to a bike, for anyone doing the Epic (or any race for that matter) you know going into it that damage may occur, and for the average joe public, it means forking out of their own pocket.

Tiger mentioning rivnuts leads me to believe that the water bottle cage was loose, which can be fixed and I'm sure it wouldn't cost R40 000 to do so...Still doesn't justify non payment.