CRC

HowellingWulf

'sup Hubbers. Does anybody have any experience with CRC? I'm considering buying some bibs/shorts from them. I've used eBay a lot. Couple of questions....

1) Do you get slapped with import tax?

2) How long does delivery usually take?

3) Quality of service/feedback?

4) Do you actually get your stuff? Some of my eBay purchases have been liberated by our wonderful Post Office workers - received an empty box covered in SARS tape once.

5) Any advice?

Thanks!

I have used them once, all I cant say it was a pleasure.

1) There is no import tax for bike parts, you just pay 14% for vat but for clothes I think there is a 30% duty that you have to pay as well as the VAT.

2) Delivery took about 10 days.

3) Feedback and service were excellent. I emailed them to ask a question about a product and got a very detailed reply in less than 24 hours.

4) As I said, I have used them once and my stuff arrived promptly.

5) If your value is high enough you dont have to pay any shipping fees which is a bonus. Currently I think the value is around R3000-R3500. If your order is less than that, try get a few mates together and put in a group order.

I am definitely planning on using them again.

Saw somewhere else on the hub someone is looking to combine purchases to save costs in Gauteng

Thats a nice way of saying "do the search before you do the post"

Oh by the way - Mornin' all.

TiBones2009-06-03 23:55:05

Hi,

Used them about 4 or 5 times...... ALWAYS got my stuff when prommissed.

I also go for the UPS option - that way I can track and be sure I get it..

If I order on a Monday the stuff arrive in RSA on the thursday but then UPS RSA only dliver on th monday / thuesday.

Use them........ you wont regret it.

There are plenty of threads covering this topic on the Hub... basically it depends on what you are ordering, as a general rule components and parts only attract 14% VAT, whereas clothing and other finished goods also attract another 15% on top of the VAT inclusive amount. CRC is incredibly reliable... I bought all of my spares for the Epic from them - 3 separate orders - all of which arrived safely and on time. Make sure you spend over R3.5k to qualify for free Parcelforce International shipping.

Ek het 12 Mei 'n paar Shimano bergfietsskoene by CRC bestel en dit is op 13 Mei gepos. Het Royal Mail International gebruik omdat dit goedkoper is. Ek het egter nog niks ontvang nie. RMI kan nie "getrack" word nie, daarom is dit goedkoper. My skoene is dus iewers, niemand weet waar nie! Gebruik dus die duurder opsie met "tracking". Ek het met twee vorige bestellings ook RMI gebruik en albei pakkies was binne twee weke hier. Weet nie wat nou aangaan nie.

Pakkie het vandag gearriveer! Moes R412,00 betaal by poskantoor. Dit is seker die VAT wat bygereken word. Verder is alles in orde. Die oponthoud was by die poskantoor.

Pakkie het vandag gearriveer! Moes R412' date='00 betaal by poskantoor. Dit is seker die VAT wat bygereken word. Verder is alles in orde. Die oponthoud was by die poskantoor.[/quote']

I suspect your problem was more likely customs than the post office.  A package can be held for as long as 5 weeks at customs before being released.  The post office don't really have anywhere to store your package for that long so it will generally move through the system fairly quickly.

XSLady. Die baie tax was omdat die klere is. Spares en ander goed het nie sulke woeste tax nie, slegs 14% Vat.

Checked the cost difference on a smallish basket of goods for delivery:

Royal Mail International shipping:

128.82 ZAR

Parcel Force:

322.05 ZAR

UPS Express Saver:

386.46 ZAR