Worcester Wheeler's nasty fall !!

no calves

Francois attack the recovery like you do the races and you will be back on the bike in no time.

Best of luck mate and see you on the trails in no time.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was there last night and Fran was in good spirit and we had a nice chat.. ClapClap

Unfortunately i couln't post anything since my computer was in for a repair and today someone decided that they had more use for my cellphone than I would have ..and took it for themselfs.AngryAngry I did a sim swop and will prob. be back on air in a day or two.

I would like to thank more people for their contibutions to Franna's Fund..

IanJ, Western Flyer, Tim Osrin thank you guys. I received an sms that Christopher W. Murray also made a deposit, but nothing is showing on the account.. please check the account that the contibution was made into, as I do not have your info anymore. I received an sms of another contributer but unfortunately did not write down from who it was and do not have my phone with the info anymore. Will thank you aswell when the info shows on the statement. 

I also want to thank Leon Evans for his "EPIC'' (pun intended) contribution!!

Cheers

Sorry Ronelle ... jy't die verkeerde foto daar.... Ek het die SA's gery, maar dis 'n race waaroor ek nog baie ongelukkig is met myself!!!

Jy moet maar kom kuier, ek sal vir jou 'n koffie koop!?

Some more feedback: Thanks also to Michael Ings who's contribution helped the account grow! It is currently standing at R15 700.00 ClapClapClap

There is still a long way to go, but every bit is much appreciated !!!

Francois is doing great while he is on his "happy juice"... but he gets a bit crancky when the pain returns during the night... Please keep routing for him!!

Its incredible how this community has supported this call for assistance.  Well done Spokes and all the hubbers.

Vasbyt Francois. Godspeed

20090623_004313_14062009.jpgUnhappy Not sure if the scale of the pic shows the hight Francois flew from. The left bank is just out of view and considerably higher than the side he landed on. Now known as "Frana's se Nek". We thank God you pulled through Frana - hang in there!

Can admin or a mod please sticky this thread. Then it will be easier to stay up to date on Francois' healing process.

Sterkte Francois, bid vir jou.

I thought I'll ID Spokes for you' date=' just in case he does run away with WW rehab money Wink (and now I run ...)

20090622_102030_SA300619a-2.jpg
[/quote']

Hi Ronelle... ek sien toe nou eers dat ek eitlik verder moes scroll om die ander ou op die foto te sien.... en dis toe wraggies waar ekke daai...Embarrassed soos die die jonger geslag sal s? " sorry, my bad"!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Embarrassed

I have just spoken to Natasha. She is receiving a lot of calls regarding the Willow Creek race on Saturday. http://www.willowcreek.co.za This is a great opportunity for helping Francois and get a race in at the same time!!

The people from Willow Creek is amazing, please support the event if you can.

The contributions to the fund is now standing at R16 400.00!!!

Thank you Cyclist in Knysna and JimmyB for your donations!

Kjind, hoe kom die re?lings vir die tv aan? Is daar nie 'n manier waarop mens dalk 'n ''arm'' kan laat maak wat aan die bed gekoppel kan word en waarop die laptop voor hom kan hang nie. Kan mens nie dan 'n tv-kaart in die laptop sit dat hy kan tv kyk en later ook op die laptop kan werk nie?

Hi Ronelle... ek sien toe nou eers dat ek eitlik verder moes scroll om die ander ou op die foto te sien.... en dis toe wraggies waar ekke daai...Embarrassed soos die die jonger geslag sal s? " sorry' date=' my bad"!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Kjind, hoe kom die re?lings vir die tv aan? Is daar nie 'n manier waarop mens dalk 'n ''arm'' kan laat maak wat aan die bed gekoppel kan word en waarop die laptop voor hom kan hang nie.

[/quote']

@Spokes: no problem - ekt anyway gedog jy joke! Ek weet mos dis jy LOL

@Kjind: I really think you guys should get in contact with colonel's mum ... she is (sorry, I'm going to out you now John) really THE most amazing physio who has DECADES of superior knowledge of how to handle these kind of practical problems.

Guest colonel

No worries Ronelle. If Kjind does want to contact me for my mothers details you can Mrs C did speak to my mom about this last night so please call.

My cousin had Guilliaume Barre, was paralysed. I set up a trackball mouse and used the microsoft accessibility function's keyboard. He used this to write e-mails and such. It is slow but he managed to get the basic communications done.

Thanks Colonel and Ronelle .. I do not know what the arrangements is and cannot speak for kjind, but I did speak to Natasha and Franscois today and aparrently there were someone there today to do measurements and devise a plan for mounting the laptop in front of Francois. Martinette who is a friend and occupational therapist was also involved in the planning... this is all I know for now. It is so great to see how people can get together and offer assistance in times of need, so thanks again for your offer.

Today Francois had quite a bit of visitors, and he was again in good spirit. The nurses warned him though that they are not going to allow so many visitors if he doesn't keep still... because then they have to sit with his complaining in the evening LOL

LOL