WoodStock

Crankarm

Hi All, tell me is it relatively safe cycling through Woodstock, Giempie street these days, has anyone heard of any incidents or is everyone still giving the area a wide berth. Ouch

Haha,

I remember Gympie street from the old days where you could buy any type of drug you wanted. A Staggie family strong-hold !!

Have they now gone hi-tech supplying cyclists with EPO ? LOL

i would avoid it, especially on a quiet weekend day. 2 or 3 yrs ago, 3 guys tried to grab me and pull me off my bike. i just had a second or 2 to see them coming and was able to accelerate past them and throw a few elbows...

I've just moved back to Obs after staying in Woodstock for the last year, and I've not heard of any incidents.  But then maybe that's because nobody rides past Gympie street anymore!  I cycle along Albert road fairly frequently in the mornings and never had any problems, though.

i stay in Bo Kaap and I frequently over the weekend go past there...As soon as I aproach that area when cycling. I simply take out my knife tucked away in my back pocket and keep it ready for action just in case. Die bliksem sal sy hande verloor..Evil%20Smile as hy my fiets krap. Back in the day it use to be very dangerous when the Kentucky Staggies was there....its actuall very quiet..my opinion though only because I know the area..

Take heed here! I stay in Woodstock, but the other end, and never cycle past Gympie str. ! I always go over the Woodstock bridge, I simply wont risk the chance..  and I've been cycling for +4yrs.. and ever so now and then hear of a incident, even my work colleagues whom I've warned, took the chance(Fatty) , and was attacked! 

I'm looking for a route to work and back (cycling) live in town work in Kenilworth? Any idea's boys?

Dunno TieTI, but apparently avoid Gympie (WTF is a gym pie anyway? like a tart at the local health club or what) street.

The best route would be

Go pass Cape Tech..entering Walmer Estate .....down Roedebloem Road and continue through the main road...take a left onto Rondebosch and onto the M5 or take the highway turnoff before the Mowbray bridge ..through Rondebosch and onto the M5

I wanna avoid the M5 as insofar as is possible, the people drive like a bunch of crazies on that road!

I currently use De Waal drive up to the Woodstock off ramp, then I drop down to Main Rd, my biggest issue is getting from there to Kenilworth?

Cape Tech - Walmer Estate - Roedebloem Road - down the main road ...till you get to GrootSchuur ..take a left through Mowbray over the little bridge in Mowbray.....past Hartleyvale Stadium ...through Rondebosch ..this takes you in Rosmead Avenue......Kenilworth

Cool Buddie...that would be the safest route and you will hardly get any traffic because everyone is rushing towards Town....Allot of people cycle on that route. Great company I hear..all the best bud..