A helmet means never needing all your food pureed.

DawieO

Blackberry Javelin.  Light was a bit crappy and everything was moving, but came out good enough.

used the cell phone will driving ?

to take pics to post on the hub about two guys cycling without helmets ?

Surely you should have stopped them and told them politely that they suck, and then have them throw water bottles at you, then you could phone a friend to come and help you blixem them ?

Good point slowbee.  Good thing I have self-tensioning seatbelts and 8 airbags inside my steel box to protect my nut.

And then, as my best mate keeps reminding me, it isn't my head why should I care?

Riding on SA roads in low light conditions without lights is dumb enough, without a helmet is just plain STUPID!! Not to mention against the law!

Don't play the "against the law" card. It will drag this thead over 50 pages and few people will leave the hub, again.

Look at the Americans, you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet but you have to wear glasses...the idea is you fall and damage your nut==>you problem....a bug flies into your eye==>you might crash into someone else...thus protect the other party if you do not want to protect yourself.

I believe in Darwin...let the idiots reduce their numbers...so only the cleaver and strong will survive.

smiley1.gif

Don't play the "against the law" card. It will drag this thead over 50 pages and few people will leave the hub' date=' again.[/quote']

Fact is fact. Forget about the law thing riding without a helmet is still the dumbest thing a cyclist can do. smiley29.gif

Look at the Americans' date=' you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet but you have to wear glasses...the idea is you fall and damage your nut==>you problem....a bug flies into your eye==>you might crash into someone else...thus protect the other party if you do not want to protect yourself.

I believe in Darwin...let the idiots reduce their numbers...so only the cleaver and strong will survive.

smiley1.gif [/quote']

Can't really argue with that logic

Don't play the "against the law" card. It will drag this thead over 50 pages and few people will leave the hub' date=' again.[/quote']

Fact is fact.

So is jumping a red light at 5.05am in the morning in PE.

Forget about the law thing riding without a helmet fart-arsing about with your cell phone while driving is still the dumbest thing an operator of 2-odd tons of steel cyclist can do. smiley29.gif

Forget about the law thing riding without a helmet fart-arsing about with your cell phone while driving is still the dumbest thing an operator of 2-odd tons of steel cyclist can do. smiley29.gif

Agreed, but seeing it's a cycling forum I thought I wouldn't open that can of worms! smiley2.gif