hubber’s hill ride...

ok, i know i'd wanted to organise a hill-route ride for this weekend, but i am definately not gonna be up to the challenge... i'm buying shares in kleenex and cold-medicine manufacturers smileys/smiley19.gif yep, i've picked up a cold smileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gif

how about we schedule a hill-route ride for next weekend (saturday 13 May) rather? The route will start off heading out and then up hillsnax, then we'll head for doreen, then depending on how dead we are feeling (or how inspired by a certain nutcase we are) we can make our way to golf club terrace, and just continue finding and tackling hills till we all fall down and beg for coffee and breakfast smileys/smiley2.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

slowpoke, go and get yourself Weleda cold and flu drops. It WORKS! I've been on "viral choice" since Feb , and no sign of any cold. Had a few starts and just had one 15 drops shot of cold and flu drops. And with the hard training and breathing, after you ride use Medi Keel spray, prevents sore throats, good luck

i'm currently dosed up on advil cs and will stop and get some corenza c on the way home... haven't had a cold below "nose level" for 2-3 years (luckily the advils have a long shelf life!) but this worked the last time so that's why i'm so sure i'll be ok for next weekend...

are you going to join us or are you too chicken????

being in cape town I won't be joining, but for interests sake, how many metres ascent would this 'hill route ride' be?

anton, buy me a polar and i'll go drive it to check! smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

'drive it'!!

If I bought you a polar I'd at least expect you to RIDE the route to check.

at this stage even driving is gonna be tough! and i'll be riding it next weekend anyway... cervelo has already indicated that he's a definate "taker"... now just to get all the other gauteng hubbers to accept the challenge.... michelleH better accept it with her wonderful hubby driving back-up..... "just in case"..... smileys/smiley2.gif

Hmmm, I'll have to see! I think I'll be the first to use the backup!!

We have half a plan to go down to Karkloof, but if that falls through, I'm there like a bear... after all those hills I'll be there like a bear with a sore head!!!

I had a cold yesterday, lucky it's gone again today, just take you Vits, eat some salty chips and it's gone next daysmileys/smiley4.gif

Guys and girls.... take your EFA's ... ie Omega 3,6,9...

No **** ... think of them eskimo's... live in the cold... mostly eat them fish?

Cyclelab had a talk about EFA's some months back... this stuff works.

Worth a try... found it takes about 3-4 weeks to kick in.

smileys/smiley17.gif

So where do these Hubber rides start from anyway? Seems like they just happen on the spur of the moment too? I would be keen to do some climbs...

it will start at boskruin mugg&bean saturday 13 may time to be finalised (how does 6:30 sound?) at this stage we have cervelo and myself.... who else is keen?????

Hmmm' date=' I'll have to see! I think I'll be the first to use the backup!!

We have half a plan to go down to Karkloof, but if that falls through, I'm there like a bear... after all those hills I'll be there like a bear with a sore head!!!

[/quote']

MichelleH, you will not be the only one, I'm gonna need a tow uphill

Slowpoke, serious hillclimb will be of no advantage for me at this stage. I am going for an operation on Monday 15 May and will be off for 6 weekssmiley19.gif.