hubber’s hill ride...

ok guys, who is in for this? saturday is a mere 4 days away smileys/smiley4.gif

MichelleH - you in????? cervelo - please confirm.... droster are you gonna join us for a change? IanJ, sonic, drivetrain????????? c'mon guys, i know summer is over, but our bikes still have feelings! smileys/smiley2.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sp, I'll find out tomorrow what happening  to my bike, don't think I'll be in a mood to take some scafolding with wheels uphillsmileys/smiley4.gif

I might be keen, I need to do some hill training. Just send me directions to where you guys are going to set off.  I dont know JHB very well, I am in the sandton area.

Maybe you guys are the right people to ask - I've heard a lot about Suikerbos rand. Apparently it is fairly safe to cycle there and also good for hill training.

Can someone tell me more about this place and how do I get there ?

EPoh

Dude, ride 2 laps of Suikersbosrand and you are quite literally "The man!!!" Nuff said... It's climb after climb and some of them curl back like waves!!! One lap was a humbling experience, 2 laps would be like a coming of age for me, a transition into manhood!!! I can't describe it, just go ride it...

HHmmm... I just phoned the reserve for directions and they told me that cycling is not allowed on the tourist route, which is the tar road... ??!!@#

smileys/smiley4.gif

I'm still keen Slowpoke but sadly I have to decline---I have Flu

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif

!!! If I'm ok by the weekend then I may ride a short one..been off for a week now so I'm also not taking any chances...U can count me in when I'm well again.

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"

suikerbosrand is "down south" - we're looking at a "west-rand" hill route with different hills to climb with little bits of recover in-between...

we will ride from boskruin village mugg&bean at 6:30.

directions to said venue (from "north"): take the Hans Strydom offramp from the N1 and turn right towards olivedale clinic (away from randburg), take the first road left (slip-road at second traffic light) into Pres Fouche, continue straight past 4 traffic lights and just before the 5th traffic lights you'll see Boskruin Village Shopping center on your left (with a BP petrol station), as you turn in you'll see the m&b straight ahead.

drivetrain, go buy some advil cs, some corenza c and whatever else is necessary... just GET BETTER!!!! smileys/smiley2.gif

SP, might be doing the MTB race in Magalies. It'll be my first, so pretty keen...

Hi SP, thanks for the ride on Saturday, pity "Lance" could not maintain!! Would love to join you guys but on leave from tomorrow, so count me out.

heheheh E1A1O4 - at least we taught him some respect for people on better bikes smileys/smiley2.gif

i hope you're taking a bike on holidy with you?

hmmmm, kc has yet to react here....

c'mon folks, i don't want to ride all alone smileys/smiley19.gif

We've got a 150km race the weekend after so don't want to push it too much at the moment.

being in cape town I won't be joining' date=' but for interests sake, how many metres ascent would this 'hill route ride' be?

[/quote']

definately more than your flat mountainsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

why does everybody just have excuses smileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gif

jeeesh, why don't you ppl not just tell her you don't want to ride with a losertjie!!!smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif