Willie Engelbrecht closing down?

Novak

I agree with gypsy. Willie has always been good to me. Always giving service and advice with a smile. I would def support him if he opens a new shop. But I dont see that happenig some time soon

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree. Willie was good to alot of us over the years . I have one major problem with his liquadation. How can he go under and owe many people plenty money and then in the same time start arranging the opening of his new shop.

I personaly do not agree with a soft liquadation. Pay the people that supported you and we will all support him again. If not , he will not get my and many other support from the cycling people. 

wheels

I see your argument and agree wholeheartedly it has happened with a shop up here in gauteng and i have been involved with this shop for years because it had a nice atmosphere and i even posted on thehub that he was closing down so that i could help him get out of his lease in his old shop but as soon as he got out of his lease he decided to make use of his spare house as a "new" shop

i dont think it is fair that they owe people money but at the same time how will you make money unless you sell the stock that you have taken years to build up

not being funny but in all honesty most shops dont pay off a supplier when they sell that 50k bike they would rather pay off the little guys and then if they have enough left over they will pay the bigger guys at the end of the month

now i dont see why they do that because obviously it doesnt help them get out of debt that way but at the end of the day it is thier choice and we cant do anything about it!!!

I totally agree with wheels .. no way I am going to support a guy who has not paid all his debts. BUT the question is .. How will we really know and we cannot judge on hear say ...

WE closed?When did this happen?I heard he's still selling bikes.
20090804_093943_can-of-worms.jpg

I heard it is only groupsets and wheels.
o silent 12009-08-05 00:17:56

• 2 weeks later...

go and look at some of the bike shops in Cape Town and you will see items still with WE price tags for sale ...

I've just seen Willie with the lease agent in a store with a "to let" sign out front at the Van Riebeeckshof mall near to Welgedacht where Willie stays....seems he may be opening up a new shop soon.

Willie has always been a gentleman and has over many years proved to be a valuable asset to cycling. It was Willie who got me back on my bike many years ago' date=' it was Willie who helped sponsor some of the best known cyclists today. It was Willie who personally financed bicycles for a number of cyclists who could not pay cash.

I feel some have short memories and now critisize the man who made many of us what we are today.

The old saying seems to repeat itself over and over "When days are dark, Friends are few"

I am sure Willie has many many friends out there.

Willie is my friend and I stand by him through thick and thin.

Gypsy

Big%20smile
[/quote']

Dankie Gypsy - ek beaam wat jy se 100%!!!

Ek voel hierdie thread kan nou maar gesluit word en die wat wil kommentaar lewer of bespiegel moet die guts he om dit met Willie self op te neem...of los dit.

"Dit maak nie van enigiemand 'n beter mens om kwaadwillige stories oor 'n ander te versprei nie"

Willie has always been a gentleman and has over many years proved to be a valuable asset to cycling. It was Willie who got me back on my bike many years ago' date=' it was Willie who helped sponsor some of the best known cyclists today. It was Willie who personally financed bicycles for a number of cyclists who could not pay cash.

I feel some have short memories and now critisize the man who made many of us what we are today.

The old saying seems to repeat itself over and over "When days are dark, Friends are few"

Gypsy

Big%20smile
[/quote']

Ek voel hierdie thread kan nou maar gesluit word en die wat wil kommentaar lewer of bespiegel moet die guts he om dit met Willie self op te neem...of los dit.

"Dit maak nie van enigiemand 'n beter mens om kwaadwillige stories oor 'n ander te versprei nie"

I agree

WE must/will takes care of WE's business.

Gypsy

Big%20smile
[/quote']

Does anyone have his contact details?

Yes it is true he is under (licquidation) SORRY FOR SPELLING

They are trying to sell the hole shop to one buyer,but if that does

not work they will auction everything of

I truly feel sorry for only John and the boys. WE made bad decisions for his business so it closed. And that is that. Not one business closed in the last year because of ?good management?.