New 94.7 sponsors

sias

Even though this event has got a new sponsor I was made to understand that weight will not be a factor and no time can be added or deducted for weight , vetseun !

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well all this talk...bout the ultimate JHB rd race... :)

I heard he's even gonna shave his legs ........ Shocked

Just got back from the Momentum/94.7 launch ' date=' watch super Cycling tonight for it all.[/quote']

Waar was jy!?

Can some explain what the CSA rider levy is for?

R 228 + R 32(VAT) + R5 (CSA rider levy) = R265.00

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4130/finalcc09logo1.jpg

Release: Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Cycle Challenge and Momentum a perfect fit 

The massive sporting and logistical feat that brings Africa?s busiest city to an annual two-wheeled halt in the month of November, embarks on a new chapter this year with Momentum as title sponsor of the 2009 Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

Momentum has come on board as title sponsor of the Cycle Challenge road race, the Mountain Bike Challenge, the Children?s Challenge as well as all water points associated with the events.

In addition, they also sponsor the live television broadcast, which again falls into the very capable hands of the SuperSport crew with legendary commentator Phil Liggett as host.

?I?m very excited to have Momentum with us,? said 94.7 Highveld Stereo?s brand marketing manager, Samantha Durkin.

?The synergy between Momentum?s goals and what the race has to offer means their commitment is based on a solid business decision. This is very important, as it makes it relatively easy for us to ensure we give them the value they are after,?said Durkin.

Momentum had a firm set of criteria which they applied to what the Cycle Challenge had to offer and it made for a perfect fit.

?The Cycle Challenge fits in perfectly with Momentum?s brand philosophy of self-belief and making a success of life. You need to have drive and determination to achieve in life, and this also applies to finishing a 94.7km cycle race,? said Tracey McBain, head of corporate communications at Momentum.

?In keeping with Momentum?s health and wellness offering, it?s important for us to affiliate with a healthy lifestyle and family orientation, and the Cycle Challenge presents this in a big way,? she added.

The Cycle Challenge will also build general brand awareness for Momentum and help to create the ?big brand? feel they are working towards.  ?The event will take the Momentum brand into the consumer space which is an important focus going into the next fiscal year. ?Through 94.7 Highveld Stereo?s community focus and partnership with the City of Joburg, we can work towards building brand affinity with residents, cyclists and the public at large,? she said.

High on the Momentum agenda is adding a Corporate Social Investment (CSI) angle to their commitment.  This will include, amongst other initiatives, their focus on assisting disabled individuals - there are hundreds of disabled Cycle Challenge entrants annually.

Since Momentum relaunched with a new identity in 2003, the brand has found new energy. Its fresh approach is dynamic and distinctive.

The essence of the brand is neatly encapsulated in the phrase, ?making a success of life?, which ties in with Momentum?s brand positioning as an enabler of success, both with regards to its own staff, as well as its customers and intermediaries.

Momentum is about success that is a result of staying true to one?s values; an outcome of pushing the boundaries and striving to do better.  Their integrated advertising campaigns rest on the premise that Momentum is looking to partner with people to help them to make a success of their life.

In this regard the Cycle Challenge presents Momentum with exactly what they?re after ? inspiring ordinary people believe in themselves to achieve the extra-ordinary.

Ends

Released by SupaCycling, on behalf of the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

Just got back from the Momentum/94.7 launch ' date=' watch super Cycling tonight for it all.[/quote']

?

Waar was jy!?

On the way to the "finish" I saw a single track in da bush and took a detour !

So does this mean the Momentum/Garmin club members will get special privileges?

Saw this yesterday.....

Since I am not impressed with them as a club I reckon a big fat NO