Farmgate meets the troll under the bridge 2nd try

This is so funny, I couldn't help laughing until I saw the picture. Speedy recover Farm Gate.

I have something really funny on cptmayhemLOL!!! Can I share it cptmayhem?

hint hint...... the road race we marshaled Embarrassed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Puch, hope u got a descent doctor giving you the stiches, else thats gonna leave a nasty scar. But hey, chicks dig scars and its a GREAT story :)

This is so funny' date=' I couldn't help laughing until I saw the picture. Speedy recover Farm Gate.

[/quote']

I agree - the "cptmayhem meets Gun Run" story needs to be published!!! Wink

This is so funny' date=' I couldn't help laughing until I saw the picture. Speedy recover Farm Gate.

[/quote']

I agree - the "cptmayhem meets Gun Run" story needs to be published!!! Wink

well, what you waiting for? share?

Skye,

I have to agree that you should re-tell the Gun Run story about Capt Mayhem. After all, I can't just have everyone laughing at my stupidity. When Snoo-zn first told me the story, we were both in hysterics!LOLLOLLOL

Ok, I wasn't there, but....

The Capt and Skye were cycling with the leaders of the 10km route of the Gun Run. He was running a little late, so was pushing hard to get to the start on time and managed to accidentally change down to the small chainring on his girlfriend's MTB (he is large, she is not, so the bike was already not such a great fit). With the sudden increase in cadence, he "lost" the chain and vaulted the bike. Not one to do things in small measures, he managed to do this in front of about 3000 runners!.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

But that's not all. Call now and you'll also receive the bonus story!!

About 7km's later, while riding with the lead runner, he managed to repeat the stunt, again suddenly finding himself in granny gear. He vaulted the bike again, this time skidding along the ground, almost knocking over a policeman.

Twice!! In a 10km ride!! With loads of adoring fans in attendance! Well done, boet. No serious injuries, but a seriously damaged ego.

He wont let me forget the bridge, but I guess this is the skeleton in his closet!!

CptMayhem - forgive the hi-jack, but you gotta admit, it was funny.

Yeah.. I really do see the funny side... was full of grit for a while, and had to wear short sleeves, but was damn funny!

Oh, and the bike didn't just shift into granny gear - the chain got shifted into the little space between the crank and the BB, hence the sudden stop of momentum...

all the power I'd been putting into the pedals (I was out of the saddle, in big blade and pushing about 45-50kph) now had nowhere to go... So I effectively *jumped* out the saddle, with my feet still clipped in.

The real reason it happened, of course, is that someone decided that, instead of moving the grips further into the bars when putting on the bar-ends, that they'd cut them 1 inch shorter. And I have slightly larger hands than my GF, so when I was pumping the pedals, my finger brushed the shifter pretty quickly, resulting in the chain being pushed into that little chain-trap.

The fact that it happened twice is, admittedly, hilarious.

But I still managed to miss the road with my face...

Ah - I detect something of a jibe in that last line.

Strictly speaking my face didn't hit a road either.

Ok, so it was a root/rock/riverbed combo, but I only did it once!

Ah - I detect something of a jibe in that last line.

Strictly speaking my face didn't hit a road either.

Ok' date=' so it was a root/rock/riverbed combo, but I only did it once!
[/quote']

but there is a chance that you may repeat the feat?Wink

I bloody (pardon the pun) hope not. After all, I nailed it once, so I'm focussing on my repeats being rather repeats of success than another similar failure!

The really stupid part of it is that the bridge apparently "dumbed down" that particular crossing, but I managed to make it more tricky! The axe does sound quite appealing...Evil%20Smile

Fark Steaks thats gross.. I meen Farm gatesWink

I thought all the ranting and raving was about going the other way.. down the rail, over the bridge and up the rocky section..I battle with that now..

But Farmgate thats a nasty gat bro. ouch..