House of Paint / Riders of Shame

Iwan Kemp

Okay, maybe not so bad, but...

Sunday whilst cruising around in Knysna five of their riders still in kit post-race come riding down the road towards the Waterfront. At the robot where you would turn off to go to Thesen three of them casually ride over a red light, with no helmets on. While doing this one of the guys turns around and zapp the two riders following them...who then follow them across. Also no helmets.

A buddy who's with me son's says: "See! THEY're not wearing helmets! Why should I?"

Well done guys. Yeah, there were no cars coming and all the rest, but hell you are ambassadors for House of Paint, Cycling SA and Schwinn and all the rest. Wise up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay' date=' maybe not so bad, but...

Sunday whilst cruising around in Knysna five of their riders still in kit post-race come riding down the road towards the Waterfront. At the robot where you would turn off to go to Thesen three of them casually ride over a red light, with no helmets on. While doing this one of the guys turns around and zapp the two riders following them...who then follow them across. Also no helmets.

A buddy who's with me son's says: "See! THEY're not wearing helmets! Why should I?"

Well done guys. Yeah, there were no cars coming and all the rest, but hell you are ambassadors for House of Paint, Cycling SA and Schwinn and all the rest. Wise up.[/quote']

The most important thing in this post has been omitted: What was your answer to this question?

I hope each of their sponsors appoints a spokesperson to keep an eye on The Hub and make a statement... Wink

Guest colonel

I bet the kid didnt say that but are you happier with your rant now?

Colonel, be nice... Leave the part about the kid out of this... Tongue

If my kid tried to be so cocky with me, he would have been moered. Oertel2009-07-06 23:35:11

HaHa, I thought the same...

No one says that you HAVE to wear a helmet after a race. If you do not want to then don't...If you have some brain cells you want to protect then do wear one.

I do not think they should be "setting" any safety standard....we should all just look after ourselfs.

Are you also going to "NAME and SHAME" every person leaving the race and not wearing their safety belts???

I always thought it was compulsory/law to wear a helmet, are you guys saying stuff the lawThumbs%20Down, with attitudes like this it's no wonder we are becoming a real lawless country - shame on those of you who don't give a dam. No wonder motorists like us so much.

Aaaaah, now I feel better.Big%20smile

Okay' date=' maybe not so bad, but...

Well done guys. Yeah, there were no cars coming and all the rest, but hell you are ambassadors for House of Paint, Cycling SA and Schwinn and all the rest. Wise up.[/quote']

Oh the drama - the shame, THE SHAME!!!!

I love ranters. They seem to travel through life trying to find fault in others.

So they didn't wear helmets - tell your kids they're a poor example/silly bike pros who don't have the brains to be rocket scientists/whatever is required to make themn wear helmets - throw in something about red robots and zap signs too.

Life is about choices - so they chose to jump a robot in a sleepy town whilst engaging in some silly post race horse play/finger signage. Insead of trying to rat them out give them some slack.

Ironic that YOU have done more to tarnish their image by splashing your "scoop" across thehubsa than they did playing silly buggers.

All you have to tell a kid like that is that is the reason they became pro cyclists, they do not have enough brains to do a real job and thus don't have anything to loose if they do fall on their heads. smiley4.gif*

* the little smilley face means it's a joke just incase you are a pro cyclist. Here is another one. smiley4.gif

Right, Crow, riddle us this... On the drive in question, did you, as the operator of the motor vehicle obey each and every road law? Speed limits? Complete stops at stop signs? Stop behind the designated line at traffic lights and such? Kid in question wearing a safety belt? You wearing a safety belt?