Most boring TdF?

Irishj9

The TdF is never boring. Try watching the cricket that is being shown in it's place here.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be watching the wrong tour, we have had some awesome finishes over the last few days, any cyclist who didnt find yesterdays finish exiting must have spent too much time on his stationary bike. There have been some great break aways and some excellent riding from the non GC riders.

The route has been designed for a big show down in the Alps and to keep the race close enough for it to be decided on Ventoux. So this makes for a boring 2 1/2 weeks in the CG competition, but the Tour is not only the GC, the King of the Mountains comp has been interesting, Cav has been dethroned from the Green and will be firing to get it back. look at Jen's ride yesterday, Voeckler's win a few days ago, I am loving the tour.

So far it hasnt been that exciting,may be too much attention from every one on lance. GIVE THE REST A CHANCEWink

Them big mountains are coming' date=' this will still be a good tour!!![/quote']  I agree,but astana may have a few surprises coming upWink

Really dissapointed!! I were so excited to wacth Tourmalet, but what a let down!! Luckilly discovery channel had a 5hour mythbuster special. Even those reruns were more exciting.

I've also been a bit dissapointed by the lack of attack from other GC contenders to try make up time on Astana, but you've got to blame the route.

I think its a plot by the race organisers, so more break away attempts can stay away, and with 3 wins already by French riders i'm sure they (the ASO) are very happy.

Can't wait for tomorrow, Bastille day, so expect PLENTY French men going off in an attempted break away.

With plenty of rolling hills, and add to this that stage 10 has a ban on race radio's, I'm sure the French will be going flat out for a 4th stage victory. 

Watch Cervelo and Rabobank tommorrow.. I think the stage might be just too hilly for cav..And these 2 teams might decide to spice it up for Hushovd and Freire.

If you don't like it go watch TCM or Hallmark ..........

Is there also cycling on there Shocked

Guys, girls....the fireworks is on the way.  We all know, that the most serious attacks by the serious contenders, blossem on the mountain top finishes.  The Ventoux will be a ripper.

In my opinion this years tour has too many "intermediate" stages where the course is lumpy but the big hills are far from the finish (hell two stages START on cat 1 climbs!). The GC fight will never be faught when the last big climb of the day is more than 40km from the finish...

That said - I'm loving the Tour. The TTT was awesome, the prologue was awesome, the first mountain top finish was awesome (I'm loving an attacking Cadel - I'd written him off as a wheel sucker!), Fedrigo's win was seat of the pants style stuff...

Bring on this week and some more mountain top finishes!

Oh and the ITT later on.

The indoor trainer has seen more action in the last 10 days than the whole year!!!

One of the most exciting tours I have seen' date=' but then I like 5 day cricket.

[/quote']

Same here. Patience is an important part of being a connoisseur. These days instant gratification is what everyone's become used to. Sad really. The Tour de France is three weeks long, let it run its course before criticising it...