I it worth it

Super

Is it worth to go and watch the final stage of the tour  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth to go and watch the final stage of the tour

• Yes
    • No
    • Better on TV

I was thinking of taking the wife to go and watch the final stage of the tour!

Will it be a waist of money?

Why go just for one stage? And if anything, its the second last stage you want to go watch...

If it an excuse for you to go - definitely not! If you using miles and it more or less free even better - If you using MasterCard - Paris shopping!!!! hahaha - and for for ever thing else theirs an over draft!

I was there as guest of french television for the last 3 stages in 99

Was best week of my life, the whole country is going mad...definately go...you wont regret it

my boet went courtesy of barloworld last year. he rates it as one of his best sporting experiences ever?and this is a dude who's covered rugby, soccer and cricket world cups, olympics, etc, etc? 

I'm gonna say no. Are you going just to watch the final day in Paris, and then come home? Bare in mind, if thats the case then you are in for a nightmare. French culture, traffic, language barrier, directions and finally the exchange rate just for a couple days in Paris...then "no"

However...if you are going for a week, can catch the last stage and the missus is also keen, as well as having other things to do (check out Versailles) then it is worth the trip over...and you'll get so much nookie from the missus you'll wanna go again next month!

If you goin for one day,idoubt its worth it from a logistical point of view.After the stage you would want to do some soight seeing(apart from lances calvesTongue)

I went to the TDF for the final 2 weeks of the 2003 tour. Unless you have a really good spot on the final day all you will see is a blur of colour as they pass by so fast. I honestly could not even make out that shape of a cyclist - it just looked like a rainbow! The crowds were 6 people deep where we were standing and I could only see straight in front of me.

You need to ideally find a spot that is near the big screens in order to see what is happening in the race. We sat in a small pub in an alleyway near the Champs-Elysee and watched most of the race on tv. When  the cyclists came near we would run out and watch them pass and then return to the pub until the next lap.

You will have to be there many hours in advance to get a good spot. If you do go, you must try and see the caravan go past. It is something that they never show on tv and I was amazed at how big it was and how many freebies they threw into the crowds.
Mandibles2009-07-13 11:47:12

Go and Enjoy it!!Just watch your waist!!Wink

how's that diet going? smiley2.gif thanks for your help today, btw...