orbeaorca

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

Parcelforce is Royal Mail.

I have used them with all my www.chainreactioncycles.com orders. They are excellent. Only hangup though is that the package comes through SAPO. The ineffectiveness of our local post office system is flawed.

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

My last 10.5kg order via Parcel Force took 5 days of which two were a weekend. Not problem ever with them.

with CRC there are three options royal mail international , parcelforce or ups.

I have had a package till here with parcelforce but not coming direct via royal mail.

wondering if the oneway is less secure than the other.

Guest Big H

As I said in my posting, they are part of Royal Mail and use Royal Mail to ship packages.... from their website..............

Company history

For

over 14 years, Parcelforce Worldwide has provided a vital link for

British businesses needing to send express shipments internationally

and in the UK. We have a long history as part of the Royal Mail Group

and pride ourselves on the dedication of our people to deliver high

quality services for over 30,000 customers across the country.

...... so it os very muh six of the one and half a dozen of the other.

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Parcelforce is rather like the Royal Mail's equivalent of Speed Services. Both Parcelforce and the Royal Mail's regular service offer tracking numbers.

Parcelforce is quick (usually arrives within 5-7 working days of shipping) and in my case has always been delivered direct to my door.

I have not used the regular Royal Mail service from CRC, but have used it for other packages from the UK. Delivery times ranged from two to four weeks after shipping and I had to go and collect it from the Post Office.

I did loose a parcel thru Royal mail from CRC once, but CRC kindly refunded me! just make sure u insure the stuff!

• 1 year later...

<P>I did loose a parcel thru Royal mail from CRC once, but CRC kindly refunded me! just make sure u insure the stuff!</P>

How do you insure the items?

Is this an option when you make the payment via CRC?

With that being said - I've taken the plunge already with Royal Mail, so any thoughts of insurance are bygones now :rolleyes:

+/-R500 on it's way - should get here some time next week - fingers crossed.

with CRC there are three options royal mail international , parcelforce or ups.

<DIV>I have had a package till here with parcelforce but not coming direct via royal mail. </DIV>

<DIV>wondering if the oneway is less secure than the other.</DIV>

Do not use UPS under any circumsatnces. Their deliveries in Europe and the United States are incredible, but the moment it hits the South African shores they are worse than SAPO.

My parcel left Corpus Christi Texas on 01 September. It went via San Antonia, Louisville and cologne and arrived in our sweet Johannesburg in the early hours on Fiday 03 Sept. This is really making good time I think........ but the parcel has not been delivered yet!!!!!! Their mails state that three attempts to deliver has been made but on each attempt the ocupants were unable to pay for the delivery.

Nobody from UPS has ever been at the delivery address. My friend in SA phoned them on Monday only to find out they have to pay the outstanding (VAT +10%) before delivery is made. Apparently this is a requiremenst as they have had some "bad experiences"....... but up to now I nor my buddy has received any notification that this is an requirement!!!!!! They paid the outstanding amount on Tuseday morning, phoned them again and said they paid the money....... and they still have not delivered....... I phoned them several times and are really not happy with the way their whole organisation works..... the receptionist is unprofessional..... the consultants who works in the same office each tells different stories..... I will NOT make use of them again.

I am writing a mail to the company where my order came form to make a complaint and I will also ask them to place a warning against UPS deliveries to South Africa.

anyone have any experience/problems with using Royal Mail to deliver their order?

Yip Royal mail / SA postal service lost the same order three times, the 4 time crc sent it with parcelforce.

How do you insure the items?

Is this an option when you make the payment via CRC?

CRC have their own insurance on items hence if it does not get to you they will simply resend.

Royal Mail is standard Postal Air Parcel Service - no tracking

Parcel Force is similar service via the Air Parcel Post but tracked

UPS is the best for prompt shipping and tracking (but delays can be experienced at clearing)

Only hangup though is that the package comes through SAPO. The ineffectiveness of our local post office system is flawed.

Yup, took my parcel 4 days do arrive in JHB from UK but then 6 days to get CapteTown!

Yip Royal mail / SA postal service lost the same order three times, the 4 time crc sent it with parcelforce.

CRC have their own insurance on items hence if it does not get to you they will simply resend.

Oooh boy! :blink:

Seriously hope this doesn't happen with me!