Carbon or Aluminium frame?

Jedi

I thought carbon was a bit of a beat-me-upper' date=' being less resilient than alu and more so for lighter riders. I experienced this 1st hand going from a SL3 Bianchi (Alu with Cardon forks) to my Bianchi L'Una (full carbon) - felt like I was bouncing all over the show, until I realised this is what they call "responsiveness".

Isn't the 6-13 an alu-carbon mix?
[/quote']

Yip...

I dunno what is your budget but rather go for an expensive alu frame than a cheap carbon frame.

Exactly my thoughts.

Six 13 is Carbon/Alu mic.  Carbon Top and Down Tube with a full Alu rear traingle. 

Stunning bike!

Six 13 is Carbon/Alu mic.  Carbon Top and Down Tube with a full Alu rear traingle. 

Stunning bike!

Didn't the first year Six13s have a carbon seat tube aswell?

Hey too Hot!!!!' date=' I thought you rode a BMC SL01?

?

I was just going to ask you about it as I am looking at frames around that price range - now you start raving about produx and not BMC[img']https://www.bikehub.co.za/smileys/smiley3.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Shocked" />
Hi Racman, unfortunately i had to send my BMC frame back as their was a problem with the BB. So i built my produx back up again and am riding on that for now.I really liked that BMC, but my produx is still great,i looked after that frame so it is still mint condition.If ur keen when BMC give me my frame back or a new one i will probably sell the BMC frame as i need the money, so lemme know if ur keen, probably look to sell it for around 4-5k.

Hey TooHot, what size is your BMC?

The question is just nopt specific enough. Is carbon better than aluminium? Well no it isn't, in most cases. There are specific applications where it can be better if designed to be better.

I could banter on and on about material specs etc but at the end of the day it's about the feeling.

Seeing is believing but feeling is the gospel truth