Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Mercer Bikes can build you an amazing frame, it's up to you how deep you able to dig into your pocket.

I recently aquired this frame and am not sure of what brand it is,although I suspect it might be a Da Rosa frame.3966b59baa38a719b62d087a9870f8f6.jpgd20f69c3f4b19a7a91cd12095f098693.jpge2498c7ca3d45fc841d1130f7e7b36f9.jpg

I recently aquired this frame and am not sure of what brand it is,although I suspect it might be a Da Rosa frame.3966b59baa38a719b62d087a9870f8f6.jpgd20f69c3f4b19a7a91cd12095f098693.jpge2498c7ca3d45fc841d1130f7e7b36f9.jpg

What makes you think it's a de Rosa?

That little heart shaped lug is there to stop the gear shifter clamp from sliding down the frame when there is tension on the cables.

Edited by quintonb

Take bb and all other gear off the frame and weigh it with an accurate digital scale....

That little heart shaped lug is there to stop the gear shifter clamp from sliding down the frame when there is tension on the cables.

Without a serial of sorts, no way to really identify the frame as it doesn't have anything unique that I can see from the pics. That heart shaped lug was pretty common on many cheaper frames, so definitely not an indication of it being a de Rosa, unfortunately

Thanks Vic, I checked that Chorus crank that I do not have the non drive side one for, it is a 170. Let me know if you have a spare one.attachicon.gif20160129_212310_resized.jpg

Will do, but have a house full for the next 2 weeks, so please give me a reminder about the 12th and I'll check.

Thanks for the advice.

Without a serial of sorts, no way to really identify the frame as it doesn't have anything unique that I can see from the pics. That heart shaped lug was pretty common on many cheaper frames, so definitely not an indication of it being a de Rosa, unfortunately

The heart shaped lug was actually what made me think it was a De Rosa.Thought I might have saved a gem from the scrapheap.

Will not feel bad now if I decide to butcher it into a single speed road bike.Not a fixie though.

Edited by BenReaper

Thanks for the advice.

The heart shaped lug was actually what made me think it was a De Rosa.Thought I might have saved a gem from the scrapheap.

Will not feel bad now if I decide to butcher it into a single speed road bike.Not a fixie though.

Some of the guys on here have seen many lovely 'old' gems.

Still a good idea to tap into their experience.

Take pics of the wheel dropouts/lugs, check them yourself, are there 'names' stamped into the lugs?

Check the frame lugs too, with pics.

Fork crown, what does it look like?

You never know, you may well have found a GEM, either way, whatever it is, you can be sure she's rare and, probably, not made in China!

Edited by HeyYou