Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Will go have a look on monday for any other unique features or maybe a serial number on the frame,unfortunatly what is in the pic is all there is,frame only,no fork or wheels or anything else.

If I were to find a serial number,where could I find more info with it?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Loose Cog and the guys down at Hunter Cycling, I managed to get my hands on this awesome early 80's DA AX groupset. If you have any of the pieces missing from what I have in the pictures below, (even if it's 600 AX) please let me know! (I have the hubs which aren't pictured). A braze-on FD and DT shifters are top on the wanted list! Helmet and skinsuit optional.

post-64130-0-71245800-1454356177_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-09290300-1454356197_thumb.jpg

Check the measurements of the pivot bolts of the FD as they may be similar to other 600 series FD's. It may be possible to swap out the clamp for a braze-on head piece.

Good find, those brake callipers deserve more pictures being posted to show us all what great pieces of art Shimano produced so briefly. So says a total Campagnolo fan!

Check the measurements of the pivot bolts of the FD as they may be similar to other 600 series FD's. It may be possible to swap out the clamp for a braze-on head piece.

Good find, those brake callipers deserve more pictures being posted to show us all what great pieces of art Shimano produced so briefly. So says a total Campagnolo fan!

You mean to say, they look so good because they look so much like Campy? ;)

I love the early 600 and DA Shimano groupsets. I have some factory drilled 600 levers which are pure works of art and a DA ax aero crank with the bearings located within the crank arms.  I also own a DA 10mm gauge track crank which I am battling to find local rear sprockets. Lovely stuff. This was a great Shimano era which almost unseated Campy at the time.

Looking for an old Shimano Deore XT groupset (around 1987) for a restoration I am starting.

Any components would help.

Similar to pics attached:

post-7316-0-39490700-1454398512_thumb.jpg

post-7316-0-76489600-1454398794_thumb.jpg

Looking for an old Shimano Deore XT groupset (around 1987) for a restoration I am starting.

Any components would help.

Similar to pics attached:

If you find more than your'e looking for, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Need to get to my mid 80's Tommasini MTB rebuild.

Any of you knowledgeable folk know if this is fixable and how?

Well, in my humble opinion yes.

It was originally bonded together, so you'll obviously need to 're-form' that bond. I would 'clean' the hole out with a Dremel to remove the old epoxy adhesive. Also worth cleaning the metal part as well with some sandpaper. Then I'd use a high strength adhesive like Loctite 9430 Hysol to re-bond the 2 components together.

Edited by Wazza_pe

Well, in my humble opinion yes.

It was originally bonded together, so you'll obviously need to 're-form' that bond. I would 'clean' the hole out with a Dremel to remove the old epoxy adhesive. Also worth cleaning the metal part as well with some sandpaper. Then I'd use a high strength adhesive like Loctite 9430 Hysol to re-bond the 2 components together.

Agree. 

Maybe it's worth contacting Campag and asking what they use to bond the coil into the crank arm.

Or, what they recommend you use.

Completed project:

Olmo tourer

Columbus Aelle

Gran Sport

That is one super restoration and very rare worldwide. Well done Rocket ship! I look forward to seeing the bike in the steel

That is one super restoration and very rare worldwide. Well done Rocket ship! I look forward to seeing the bike in the steel

Thanks loose cog. Always appreciate your advice and input

Cheers

I acquired some interesting vintage bicycle tools recently. Still in working condition but just keeping them as part of my collection.

Vintage Bicycle Bike Wheel Truing Stand Tool Old Cast Iron.

post-51655-0-66708600-1454937948_thumb.jpg

Vintage Cast Iron Headset press.

post-51655-0-21646700-1454937978_thumb.jpg

I found some information on the truing machine but nothing on the headset press. Anyone come across one before?