Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Quick note for all the Johannesburg retro/classic track bike guys and girls.

A few mates and I will be meeting at Hector Norris Park this Sunday from 12:30 onwards to ride a bit of track.

All welcome.

Bring your old track or fixed gear bike along, or you could try one or two of ours.  

Hope to see a few new and old faces.

PM or call me if you need any further details.

post-44986-0-37491600-1470997755_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still searching (yr #3) and still hoping you'll keep me in mind if anyone comes across a 650 rim, black, Ambrosio clinchers 28H. New or in almost new condition. Rim only or complete wheel. Please let me know.

Please.

Edited by HeartCoppi

I know nothing about vintage bikes.

Seen one in the week, an Eddy Merkx Corsa in Hitachi colours with shimano 600 gears, brakes, hubs.

For unknown reasons, new shifters was fitted, asked if they still have the original shifters, still waiting for a reply.

Bike is way to big for me to use, but I like it alot.

How much can I offer?

I know nothing about vintage bikes.

Seen one in the week, an Eddy Merkx Corsa in Hitachi colours with shimano 600 gears, brakes, hubs.

For unknown reasons, new shifters was fitted, asked if they still have the original shifters, still waiting for a reply.

Bike is way to big for me to use, but I like it alot.

How much can I offer?

It's best to post a pic or two. Lot depends upon condition of frame and quality of other bits like bars and saddle and full extent of groupset, i.e. does it include 600 pedals, seat post

It's best to post a pic or two. Lot depends upon condition of frame and quality of other bits like bars and saddle and full extent of groupset, i.e. does it include 600 pedals, seat post

Thanks Loose cog, will see if I can get pictures.

Rims are wolber with shimano 600 hubs and pedals are Look.

Saddle is not vintage, you will need to replace saddle, shifters and handlebar tape.

Thanks Loose cog, will see if I can get pictures.

Rims are wolber with shimano 600 hubs and pedals are Look.

Saddle is not vintage, you will need to replace saddle, shifters and handlebar tape.

Sounding better all the time. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

BTW what size is it. I know someone who is most likely looking at these posts and wanting a larger 60cm plus EM.

Still searching (yr #3) and still hoping you'll keep me in mind if anyone comes across a 650 rim, black, Ambrosio clinchers 28H. New or in almost new condition. Rim only or complete wheel. Please let me know.

Please.

after 3 years you may well have already, but is it not time to call in...captain eBay, perhaps?

Heads up, best price I've seen for a while, in black, brown and white. Postage to SA is reasonable, especially if you're buying a couple of pairs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Campagnolo-Nuovo-Record-Tan-Gum-Brown-Brake-Lever-Rubber-Hoods-/331788644955?var=&hash=item4d4024f25b:m:mw8n3jQuyTrQMaww-zmvAog

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/vkoAAOSwepZXRIKZ/s-l1600.jpg

Edited by HeyYou