Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Here you go Badsam.

This guy was active years ago lol, do I just PM him? :mellow:

And thank you! :thumbup:  

You're looking for Tyerone... not Tyrone...

Tyerone is active and advertises a lot.

Tyrone not so much.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya everybody

So I was paging through a friend's 1001 bikes (gotta get my own!) and somehow the thought popped into my head of getting hold of a cx steel frame and mod-fitting it, sort of like what MTBaaisikilist wants to do, but cx frame. Are they even available, and what would they cost?

Not retro, but here's mine. Cotic X steel CX... with mod kit. So it can be done  :thumbup: .

You can get older frames (older SwissCross for example).

post-12909-0-21896600-1414041048_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryanpmb

Not retro, but here's mine. Cotic X steel CX... with mod kit. So it can be done  :thumbup: .

attachicon.gifIMG_0934 copy.jpg

Eish, that got me considering making my SS a Monstercross again. May "need" to get a disk fork first though

I purchased this Han

som Super Prestige recently and would like to know if anyone has any information on it? From what I can see the frame is made of Aluminium (Didn't know that Hansom made Aluminium frames). I have tried Google with little success and there doesn't seem to be any specific name other than Hansom.

attachicon.gifIMG-20141021-WA0010.jpg

I've never seen an ally Hansom, so I'd suspect it's something else with Hansom decals. 

ENTRIES OPENED TODAY!!!!!

http://www.heraldcycletour.co.za/

4193d0d1-66e5-487a-9e95-64ad2c24fc91.jpg

Dear Cyclist,

2015 ONLINE ENTRIES ARE OPEN!

It’s that time of year again – online entries for The Herald VW Cycle Tour are now open!

With the sun rising a little earlier, we hope you’re making the most of the summer days and enjoying time in the saddle in preparation for the 2015 event. There are some exciting changes in store for the 30th edition of the race and much more for our spectators.

http://www.heraldcycletour.co.za/images/mailer/vw_polo.jpg

Visit us today at www.heraldcycletour.co.za and take up the challenge!

Manual entries are available at local bike stores at an additional surcharge fee of R20.00

Wishing you tailwinds all the way!

The Herald VW Cycle Tour Team

Could all entrants that have completed ten or more Herald VW Cycle Tours, please submit their contact details together with details of your qualifying races for verification purposes to the Race Office so that you can be allocated a permanent Green Number.

To the cyclists who have already been allocated a permanent number, your contact details are required in order to update our database.

Closing date for submission of Green Numbers is 12th December 2014.

c60095c2-77d9-48c2-ae7b-9e57e84511e6.jpg http://www.heraldcycletour.co.za/images/mailer/hct_mail_fb.jpg http://www.heraldcycletour.co.za/images/mailer/hct_mail_twit.jpg 1c9a8fab-2d2f-4dd7-9cb1-78410be42dd5.jpg 6b5b73f0-9dbc-4e65-95d8-fafbf65d143b.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0934 copy.jpg

Very cool :thumbup:

My idea is to get a good frame that needs a little bit of work (i'm a novice mechanic) so I can clean it up and do a custom paint jobbie, then fit it out as and when I can. Obviously has to be a cx frame with mounts for disc brakes. Just need to find one...

My idea is to get a good frame that needs a little bit of work (i'm a novice mechanic) so I can clean it up and do a custom paint jobbie, then fit it out as and when I can. Obviously has to be a cx frame with mounts for disc brakes. Just need to find one...

You not going to find an old frame with disc brakes... they'll have canti's.

My Cotic is a CX bike. Mounts for disc and canti's.

Edited by Ryanpmb

Hey Maj

I have a Cotic X size 54cm frame and fork for sale.

Its the orange frame, black fork. 

Comes with disc brake and canti brake mounts.

I was going to build it up but it is just too small for me.

(R3500)..

Edited by Fixer

Morph can you please stop posting pictures of my bicycles on the hub.

Thanks

Dion

I had the track version of this frame.

Sold it at the African Cycle Fair yesterday.

Feeling a bit sad today... 

Morph can you please stop posting pictures of my bicycles on the hub.

Thanks

Dion

Is that your holiday home in England Dion?