Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you need:

1. A 90s Campagnolo Super Record Group set? If you do, it would be C-Record,or Record - Super Record was stopped in 1987 and introduced again only in 2007/8.

But, whatever, there are a number of variations. Early 90s would be downtube shifters, in both friction and Syncro, in either 7 or 8 speeds. Whereas from 1992/93 would be Ergo levers in either 8 or 9 speeds.

So you could expect to pay up to R8k / R9k for a top end C Record groupo with Delta Brakes and 8spd Ergos, seat post, hubs etc.

And down from there, but probably not less than R4k for a groupo.

2. Campag Shamal deep section wheels, like them, but I don't know much about them, other than were introduced in about '92. Not sure whatnthey would cost, overseas about R6k a pair, but here I don't know.

If you find more than 1 pair will you PM me, PLEASE!!!!

Even better, if you find a set of Gipiemme Tecnos, let me know.

Thanks very much for your thorough response. Turns out the seller had Daytona and somehow got "confused"....

Wheels might still be available, pm if you like and I can try and get hold of him or put you in contact. Was too rich for my blood at the end of the day.

Does anyone have a chrome plating company that they can recommend in Johannesburg area?

I've had stuff done at African Electroplating and was very happy with their work. They are in Industria...

http://www.africanelectro.co.za/

Edited by Delgado

Hi guys and girls.

I just recently found this competition racing bike.

I have been reading up on it but not too sure of the actual date. What I read up so far is that its between a 1982-1986 but these bikes were all similar and cannot be identified as a 82 or 83 or 84 model etc. due to the similarities.

This however is not a 20" frame. I think its 18.5".

Anyhoo...this is what it is...

Profile Competition racing bmx (could be a 1984 Profile Shelby James mini)

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5746/kl3u.jpg

I will post some detailed pics in a separate thread.

A got this ... Very clean Sancini..

Gave her a clean new bar tape and tyres..

Removed some hideous neon stickers and ...

Now she's a classic ...

Will be adding brown leather bar tape and brown leather saddle ...

The bike is all Shimano exage motion except rim Campagnolo gama strada rims

Bike is very well looked after just a few small spots ...

And it was a give away... A Columbus chrome moly give away all original..... Sweeettt

post-2502-0-42773000-1386004895_thumb.jpg

Hi guys and girls.

I just recently found this competition racing bike.

I have been reading up on it but not too sure of the actual date. What I read up so far is that its between a 1982-1986 but these bikes were all similar and cannot be identified as a 82 or 83 or 84 model etc. due to the similarities.

This however is not a 20" frame. I think its 18.5".

Anyhoo...this is what it is...

Profile Competition racing bmx (could be a 1984 Profile Shelby James mini)

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5746/kl3u.jpg

I will post some detailed pics in a separate thread.

Very nice. If it is a Shelby James then its quite rare. You are right about the age, early to mid 80's Pity that the fork isn't original, but its still cool.

Very nice. If it is a Shelby James then its quite rare. You are right about the age, early to mid 80's Pity that the fork isn't original, but its still cool.

I heard back from Profile (the company) yesterday and they said its a Mini Profile Champ. I am not too sure about the fork. I am trying to get some more information out of the company for the bike in its whole.

Ashley-

This is a mini Profile Champ.

Good find! This is worth some cash!

Thanks!

cleardot.gif

-Matt

Edited by Eric Cartman

I heard back from Profile (the company) yesterday and they said its a Mini Profile Champ. I am not too sure about the fork. I am trying to get some more information out of the company for the bike in its whole.

Go join this group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/188586884656004/

Quite a few old school bmx collectors on there.