Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like this..... (thanks Morpheus)

Just like that. The brazing isn't as 'contained' as this though. Not so neat - hope I'm making sense. I'll post some pics once the bike is fully stripped.

The lug work really stands out in raw form.

I know it isn't, but that is the difference between a bike built to ride everyday and a bike built for one day at a show somewhere - the same could be said for absurd motorcycles built for those bike shows.

your bike is not a hand-filed between the thighs of virgins brazed with angels tears masterpiece of invention.

i am all for the beauty of utility. there's a certain nobility in that - one that I admire.

Edited by Chro Mo

I am bring in some clear waterslide and white waterside sheets

that is bubblejet printable for making decals.

The water side is much thinner than viynals

A4 sheets

I should have it in middle of jan

Will let you guys know what it looks like when I get it.

Cheers

Dion

Thanks Dion, good idea.

Please keep us informed. Thought about doing it myself, as it's all over eBay, but just finding the right fonts.

Hi Deon

My frame is very similar but the gear cables go under the BB. Your decals look to be in a better condition than mine.

Dilemma is whether to respray or not. Will need to source new decals so thinking about a respray? The chrome work appears to be OK but will have a closer inspection after a clean.

Very fortunate, my bike came with groupo in VGC. Nice Mavic rims.

Interesting though, the 6 sped cluster is a Sachs from France and not a Campy cluster? Interested to know why.

There are Campy groupo's available on e-bay including some very expensive NOS ones. Keep a look out, hopefully someone in SA is stripping down a bike.

I know it isn't, but that is the difference between a bike built to ride everyday and a bike built for one day at a show somewhere - the same could be said for absurd motorcycles built for those bike shows.

your bike is not a hand-filed between the thighs of virgins brazed with angels tears masterpiece of invention.

i am all for the beauty of utility. there's a certain nobility in that - one that I admire.

I got distracted at 'thighs of virgins'...

Just bought this today.

Pristine condition, Dura Ace 7400.

I'm open to offers!

Relay cool bike, let me know if or when you keen to sell.

Missed the Critical Mass ride on Friday evening as we had some visitors from offshore. Guess it must have been spectacular with the roads so quiet.

Unfortunately, space and another project dictate the selling one of the steeds : https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/73905-vitus-dural-979-classic-56cm/

It is a great bike and only now I begin to appreciate why they were so favoured. Vitus climbs hills like no other, even my kings horses (Colnago's) battle to outshine the Vitus.

Missed the Critical Mass ride on Friday evening as we had some visitors from offshore. Guess it must have been spectacular with the roads so quiet.

Unfortunately, space and another project dictate the selling one of the steeds : http://www.thehubsa....9-classic-56cm/

It is a great bike and only now I begin to appreciate why they were so favoured. Vitus climbs hills like no other, even my kings horses (Colnago's) battle to outshine the Vitus.

Very pretty!

Good luck with the sale.

Unfortunately, space and another project dictate the selling one of the steeds : http://www.thehubsa....9-classic-56cm/

They are fantastic bikes. I bought one in the states in '88 and brought it home. Rode it for a couple of years, a bit like spaghetti if you pushing hard, but incredibly comfortable. Mine was wine red in colour, beautiful. Wish now that I hadn't sold it.

Good luck, wish I had a spare 4.5k, but I don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Looking for help.

I'm looking for a pair of the old Shimano cleats, the ones used on the last era of strapped pedals. As far as I remeber, they sort of looked like the original Look cleats, but they has a slot at the base, which engaged the back plate of the pedal.

Anyone remember these, have a pair I can buy, or borrow.

I'm wanting to ride L'Eroica Brittania, and they only allow old school pedals. These old school shimano pedals have quite good support, if you use the cleats that came with them.

Anyone help?

And, importantly, I can use fairly modern shoes!!!

This is the Dura Ace one, which I think is different to the 105 or 6000 one. Not sure.

post-25781-0-71088700-1389111440.jpg

Edited by heyyou