Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

A few of the rolling chassis...just waiting for the BB to arrive before I begin final assembly

I think she looks quite elegant.

The decals I am not so sure about - I'll wait to complete the build then have a good look as to whether i should lose some. A few very minor tweaks to come such as changing the seatpin and brake-pads etc.

post-16283-0-48893000-1392390812_thumb.jpg

post-16283-0-97857000-1392390858_thumb.jpg

post-16283-0-19332300-1392391060_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the seatpost etc will be polished and buffed.

Components will change over time as I get what I really want - this usually takes a while.

Edited by Chro Mo

Suggestions welcome.

For the love of God, build it with a decent period appropriate gruppo and ride the **** out of it. Most importantly, don't be a wanker and turn it into a single speed.

Pity. I'd have paid good money. Oh well.I guess that's how these things become rare and valuable and irreplaceable.

I got one - want it? :)

A few of the rolling chassis...just waiting for the BB to arrive before I begin final assembly

I think she looks quite elegant.

The decals I am not so sure about - I'll wait to complete the build then have a good look as to whether i should lose some. A few very minor tweaks to come such as changing the seatpin and brake-pads etc.

post-16283-0-48893000-1392390812_thumb.jpg

post-16283-0-97857000-1392390858_thumb.jpg

post-16283-0-19332300-1392391060_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I think the Decals look very good.

My feeling is take it back to original, even if it looks too much, original is always best.

Thats a very good looking frame. Very nice job. Well done

Very nice. I think the Decals look very good.

My feeling is take it back to original, even if it looks too much, original is always best.

Thats a very good looking frame. Very nice job. Well done

I think you are right.

Just waiting for the BB now.

Have:

Shimano 600 Crankset with NOS Biopace

600 DT shifters - perfect

600 FD - good condition.

The fly in the ointment is the RD at the moment, because I stupidly sold my 600 RD last year.

i will source a nice alternative shortly.

Thanks for the input.

Realy nice! Great South African frame.

Decals?

Undecided re decals.

I'll add a Columbus steel logo on the seat tube... Quite like the undecalled look for now. I will see once she's built up.

Thoughts?...

1796093_258882180957118_1265868073_o.jpg

One of the guys I used to race school boys with had one just like this, used to drool over it. A few of the guys had really nice bikes, racing U15 and Juveniles. A few Alan's, Vitus', Dales and even a Kestrel.

One of the guys I used to race school boys with had one just like this, used to drool over it. A few of the guys had really nice bikes, racing U15 and Juveniles. A few Alan's, Vitus', Dales and even a Kestrel.

Back then, I was on blue Cannondale Criterium.