Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really intrigued by the FdT track frame.

Is that a juicy AX pin and cover?

Yes it is Ax pin and cover. The frame has really interesting tubing, there is no markings on the tubing. Would be interesting to find out what it is. At first I thought it was made from alliumium.

Hi can you help me with information about my Battaglin 235. Cant find anything on the internet and battaglin do not answer my mail. Thanks

post-26815-0-83313600-1409991958_thumb.jpg

I bought a small-sized steel-framed bianchi a while back and am trying to find some components. it's a 022 ishiwata special, a real beauty. I'm looking for a replacement suntour (SR) stem, and Dia Compe rear brake calliper. Saw a guy on supercycling the other day that does restoration of steel-framed bikes but can't for the life of me remember his name. does anyone know where I could possibly source parts?

This is my mate Grumpy's latest project. The paint and chrome work on the frame and fork came out quite lekker, I reckon. The quill stem and bar will be Cinelli, while the crank and hubs are Campy. Can't wait to see it finished.

post-1604-0-45646800-1410006337_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-92766400-1410006350_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-76609700-1410006361_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-85584200-1410006374_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-10413900-1410006392_thumb.jpg

I bought a small-sized steel-framed bianchi a while back and am trying to find some components. it's a 022 ishiwata special, a real beauty. I'm looking for a replacement suntour (SR) stem, and Dia Compe rear brake calliper. Saw a guy on supercycling the other day that does restoration of steel-framed bikes but can't for the life of me remember his name. does anyone know where I could possibly source parts?

Two guys in the GT area you can contact here on the HUB:

GLENZITO

EVANB

Contact either, I'm they'll help.

Otherwise, in CA:

RADBABY

MODERNVINTAGE

Hi can you help me with information about my Battaglin 235. Cant find anything on the internet and battaglin do not answer my mail. Thanks

I'd try Battaglin again, even Battaglin USA.They were pretty good at answering my questions.

About 20 or 30 pages back on this thread, the guys gave a list of interweb resource pages. Hunt through those too.

Edit: If contacting Battaglin Italy, I found that if you use google translate, or one of the others, it helps.

Edited by HeyYou

i have various Campy,Shimano front and rear deraileurs as well as downtube shifters that i have collected over the years. what is a market related price for these items?

pictures and details would help!

This is my mate Grumpy's latest project. The paint and chrome work on the frame and fork came out quite lekker, I reckon. The quill stem and bar will be Cinelli, while the crank and hubs are Campy. Can't wait to see it finished.

post-1604-0-45646800-1410006337_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-92766400-1410006350_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-76609700-1410006361_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-85584200-1410006374_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-10413900-1410006392_thumb.jpg

Heysous, that is one sexy frame and my size too, by the looks of it.

I am green.

Heysous, that is one sexy frame and my size too, by the looks of it.

I am green.

Hahahahaha! Me too! Grumps has some cool retro stuff lying around from his 40-plus years of riding. Need to relieve him of some of it!

I have a Dia Compe brake set for you and will have a look at my stems. Please post a photo of the front calliper so I can see if they match