Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

post-15591-1418573119,4316.jpg

A mismatched collection of parts comes together...

The decals on the frame are a little tatty

post-15591-1418573301,8592.jpg

So I think a respray is in order, and a lot of polishing. Dropped the hubs and rims off yesterday to be built.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Stretched@Birth

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1418573105.987102.jpgA mismatched collection of parts comes together...The decals on the frame are a little tattyattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1418573289.654555.jpgSo I think a respray is in order, and a lot of polishing. Dropped the hubs and rims off yesterday to be built.Edit: spelling

Fortunately for you it's one of Daccordi's for simple paint schemes, so a respray is fairly easily done. Looks like a really nice bike. Looks like my size too????.

Keep us updated on the restoration.

Fortunately for you it's one of Daccordi's for simple paint schemes, so a respray is fairly easily done. Looks like a really nice bike. Looks like my size too[emoji4].

Keep us updated on the restoration.

It's a 61cm CTC. I think I'm going to repaint it red, will have to source some decals.

Also need to find some cranks, the cranks I have are 170mm Campag road cranks, would like some 167,5mm track cranks. Oh, and will replace the pedals with something a little more modern.

A mismatched collection of parts comes together...

The decals on the frame are a little tatty

So I think a respray is in order, and a lot of polishing. Dropped the hubs and rims off yesterday to be built.

Yep Daccordi original decals were not very good, even the SLX I restored above wasn't that great.

The bike's looking good. If you can't find a track crank think about using the road Crandall with a 49T or 50T track chainring. Usually works and depends if you can get a good line withe the rear cog.

Let me know what BCD the crank is as I may have a chainring to swap for those pedals.

P.S. Let me know what pedals you are looking for as I may have some to swap for yours?

post-2696-0-05439300-1419009474_thumb.jpg

post-2696-0-46789000-1419009497_thumb.jpg

OK, you lot. Need help tracking some history on this bike, and what I should be paying more or less ...

It is a KTM bike, old school as you can see from the pics. Even has a lug on the front wheel for a dynamo to attach. The back wheel has an special lock build as part of the frame. Anyone know any history ?

What sort of price should I be paying for this bike ?

Any help much appreciated.

From the website, it looks like a 1986 tourer formula, but any other history/help/advice would be great.

Especially on the price to pay for such an item.

Hey everybody, does anyone know where i could find a pair of cable housing stop adaptors for aluminium frame?

Oh wow, Warthog... your MUCH better half, you mean :thumbup:

Edited by maj

ok someone must know something about that KTM .....

Must be from one of the many Austrian/German immigrants in your part of the world Slowbee. I dont ever recall seeing KTM back in the day. Only in recent years that they were imported.

Must be from one of the many Austrian/German immigrants in your part of the world Slowbee. I dont ever recall seeing KTM back in the day. Only in recent years that they were imported.

thanks Javadude.

I might go and get it for  single speed attempt.

Agreed, they only came back into the country a few years ago. Try posting the bike on the UK https://www.lfgss.com site