Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-15591-1422712393,2664.jpg

post-15591-1422712431,5562.jpg

It now has tyres that fit! I've forgotten how difficult it is to get into toeclips, especially when the pedals can't stop turning. Going to swap them out for something clipless, and head to the track soon!

Not quite a bicycle, but a poster. My mom bought it for me when I was about 15(now 40).

They were cleaning out and found it.

I saw it in Game back in the day and always wanted it. So my mom went to buy it and it wasn't for sale. She said she wasn't leaving the shop until someone sold it to her, eventually the manager made a plan and I got it for Christmas. Pretty cool to see it again. Thanks Mom

post-35520-0-58444900-1422785312_thumb.jpg

Not quite a bicycle, but a poster. My mom bought it for me when I was about 15(now 40).

They were cleaning out and found it.

I saw it in Game back in the day and always wanted it. So my mom went to buy it and it wasn't for sale. She said she wasn't leaving the shop until someone sold it to her, eventually the manager made a plan and I got it for Christmas. Pretty cool to see it again. Thanks Mom

Just look at them pretty brakes!

I've forgotten how difficult it is to get into toeclips, especially when the pedals can't stop turning. Going to swap them out for something clipless, and head to the track soon!

Tcha! Flip foot down, slide foot forward, begin pedalling. Toe clip noob!

Tcha! Flip foot down, slide foot forward, begin pedalling. Toe clip noob!

I started racing with toe clips, with shoes with slotted cleats, we are spoilt with clipless pedals. The challenge is getting your foot in when the pedals don't stop turning (fixed gear) ;)

I I can't find one of these locally, I'm going to order through Amazon, about $25.

Anyone want one if I do? Save on shipping.

Anyone know where I can get one locally>

Crank arm Thread Chaser .... I have another C Record crank that the threads need chasing!!!

post-25781-0-83740700-1423055233_thumb.jpg

I I can't find one of these locally, I'm going to order through Amazon, about $25.

Anyone want one if I do? Save on shipping.

Anyone know where I can get one locally>

Crank arm Thread Chaser .... I have another C Record crank that the threads need chasing!!!

Why not try a local engineering shop, or someone on the hub who works in an engineering shop... ;) 

After reading through this entire thread I am feeling very inspired to fix up an oldie.

I quite like the idea of a Bianchi.

Realistically, what would it cost to purchase and fix up a Bianchi. I know that's like asking how long is a piece of string, but I don't want to be caught out spending waaayyy to much money on such a project.

I realise that fixing up an oldie is a project of passion, but one must keep the cost in mind.

How difficult is a frame to source, and how difficult are parts to source?

What is the general feeling here; should the bike remain as true to the original?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb, I'm very new at this.