Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

I this Exocet downhill frame.  Im guessing it was locally made in the 90's, but actually have no clue.

Does anyone possibly have any info on the frame etc.

Thanks 

post-44444-0-13942500-1429617411_thumb.jpg

post-44444-0-34511200-1429617482_thumb.jpg

post-44444-0-61590700-1429617618_thumb.jpg

post-44444-0-45363400-1429617704_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys

I this Exocet downhill frame.  Im guessing it was locally made in the 90's, but actually have no clue.

Does anyone possibly have any info on the frame etc.

Thanks 

I remember EXOCET road bikes from the early/mid 80s, just after the Falkland war. 

Not sure of their provenance, but Morph is probably right, I seem to recall them as being local.

And so after months of searching we finally obtained a Lotus and Giant time trial frames. Thank you very much to the seller for agreeing to sell these beauties. Be assured that they are in safe hands and we will restore them back to their former glory.

The task of finding the correct period group sets now begins. So lock up your better halves and allow us into your stores. 

post-44986-0-76685700-1429628001_thumb.jpgpost-44986-0-93570100-1429628026_thumb.jpgpost-44986-0-61982900-1429628035_thumb.jpgpost-44986-0-58658200-1429628057_thumb.jpgpost-44986-0-52492800-1429628124_thumb.jpg

I remember EXOCET road bikes from the early/mid 80s, just after the Falkland war. Not sure of their provenance, but Morph is probably right, I seem to recall them as being local.

Morph is 100% correct, locally built. As far as I remember Hullets Aluminium were involved with the tube sets. They tried to replicate Cannondale. They never could get the welds 100% right and most of their frames failed. I however don't ever recall them making mountain bikes, but I wasn't a mountain biker back then so may very well be mistaken.

Interesting bike either way.

Edited by quintonb

This is my new project. I was a bit sceptical when I first viewed this bike as it looked like the top tube was damaged. I said to the seller that I wanted to do more research. I then discovered that this frame was designed with a flat ovalized top tube as part of the Alan Cyclocross range. This lack of knowledge cost me some money as when I went back to buy the bike someone had already upped what I offered so I had to make a counter offer. This little bike is a real beauty. It comes with Campagnolo Record hubs and Ambrosio rims, Campagnolo headset and a mix of Shimano 105 and 600 components, Miche brakes, SR Laprade seat post and a Vetta saddle. The number engraved on the seat tube is ALAN 482. I will post more pictures once fully serviced and the broken spoke repaired. post-51655-0-43719300-1429643453_thumb.jpg

This is my new project. I was a bit sceptical when I first viewed this bike as it looked like the top tube was damaged. I said to the seller that I wanted to do more research. I then discovered that this frame was designed with a flat ovalized top tube as part of the Alan Cyclocross range. This lack of knowledge cost me some money as when I went back to buy the bike someone had already upped what I offered so I had to make a counter offer. This little bike is a real beauty. It comes with Campagnolo Record hubs and Ambrosio rims, Campagnolo headset and a mix of Shimano 105 and 600 components, Miche brakes, SR Laprade seat post and a Vetta saddle. The number engraved on the seat tube is ALAN 482. I will post more pictures once fully serviced and the broken spoke repaired. attachicon.gifAlan1.jpg

That 482 means that it was manufactured in April 1982

This is my new project. I was a bit sceptical when I first viewed this bike as it looked like the top tube was damaged. I said to the seller that I wanted to do more research. I then discovered that this frame was designed with a flat ovalized top tube as part of the Alan Cyclocross range. This lack of knowledge cost me some money as when I went back to buy the bike someone had already upped what I offered so I had to make a counter offer. This little bike is a real beauty. It comes with Campagnolo Record hubs and Ambrosio rims, Campagnolo headset and a mix of Shimano 105 and 600 components, Miche brakes, SR Laprade seat post and a Vetta saddle. The number engraved on the seat tube is ALAN 482. I will post more pictures once fully serviced and the broken spoke repaired. Alan1.jpg

Pics of the ovalised top tube, please

That 482 means that it was manufactured in April 1982

Thanks EvanB, I was searching online to see if I could date the bike by the number. A light has just gone on. This is what I love about these old bikes, they all have a story to tell.                             

Pics of the ovalised top tube, please

Will take some tomorrow with my camera and put on. My old Blackberry not so great at taking pictures.