Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this has been posted before.

The most Proudly South African Hipster Race aka Tour of Ara

Only 35 people can qualify  :eek:

1987 sure was! 

I am busy with this restoration but still missing a C Record crank and RD.

Looking for some yellow cable casings and will complete with yellow bar tape.

Oh my :drool: Those Alter stems are absolutely stunning!

I'll be popping down to my LBS on Wednesday for yellow casings too, will keep you posted.

My Eddy Merckx is a mix of old school and new and the Bianchi is all old school. attachicon.gifEddyandBianchi3.jpg

Stunning man.. Tell me that's not that old Mondial that had that Sora groupset on.. Looking good Eppie..!!

Stunning man.. Tell me that's not that old Mondial that had that Sora groupset on.. Looking good Eppie..!!

Thanks man, you are right it is the old Mondaile that I showed you. I replaced the Sora group with a complete set of first generation Campagnolo Athena. I also found a nice set of Ambrosio wheels with vintage Campagnolo Record hubs.

Remember what the helmets looked like in the nineties. This is a 1995 Xpress model. post-51655-0-22756400-1433623935_thumb.jpg

That's the Roche 87 Triple Win bike?

I wish it was Mr Roche' old bike but it is a commemorative frame released from '88 onwards. The blue paint work looks like it was anodised.

Yellow cable housing on its way from CT thanks to a kind hubber. Since pics it has a NOS set of Campagnolo Super Leggra pedals with Christophe toeclips and straps.

Can't wait for maiden ride.

Yup I have the exact same bike dressed with full Suntour Superb Pro. I believe the frames were nickel plated so when you chip the shiny blue top coat you'll see clear shiny mirror effect.