Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's clear, you're always going to get different opinions ... but you'll be the fella that sees it the most, so your choice counts the most.  Having said that ... add one more vote for black cables.

I think it's clear, you're always going to get different opinions ... but you'll be the fella that sees it the most, so your choice counts the most.  Having said that ... add one more vote for black cables.

No no no no, you can't have people doing anything they like. Rule #8 applies for brake cables too.  :P

Hi,

A shot in the dark, but I'm looking for a front or rear rack for an old steel frame that I'd like to do some light touring with. The frame has eyelets on the front and rear for compatibility with some rack mounts, and I'm sure there must be some old, unused racks floating around, but haven't had any luck yet sourcing one yet.

Cheers!

post-74567-0-77077800-1444632820_thumb.jpg

post-74567-0-52826300-1444632819_thumb.jpg

post-74567-0-40483500-1444632818_thumb.jpg

Hi,

A shot in the dark, but I'm looking for a front or rear rack for an old steel frame that I'd like to do some light touring with. The frame has eyelets on the front and rear for compatibility with some rack mounts, and I'm sure there must be some old, unused racks floating around, but haven't had any luck yet sourcing one yet.

Cheers!

attachicon.gifDSCF0536.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0535.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0533.JPG

I adapted an old child seat support rack, the one where the child seat slides onto the rack. I've seen a couple of those in 2nd hand shops, probably easier to find than a proper rack!

http://eroicabritannia.co.uk/images/headline/060515-151550-040415-084916-Screen%20shot%202015-04-04%20at%2009.40.16.png

Eroica Britannia tickets go on sale tomorrow, 14th October.

Ride is scheduled for 19th June, 2016.

Any takers??????

Hi,

Cheers!

attachicon.gifDSCF0536.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0535.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0533.JPG

You only interested in an old rack, rather than a new one?

You only interested in an old rack, rather than a new one?

It doesn't have to be an old one, but the only new one I can find locally is the Thule Pack 'n Pedal, which has a very 'plastic' look -  I guess the preference is towards a more traditional look - the Bruce Gordon as a high-end example: http://www.bgcycles.com/new-page-14/. Otherwise JANDD and Topeak seem to make some affordable racks, might try to order one of those if I don't have any luck finding something locally.

I adapted an old child seat support rack, the one where the child seat slides onto the rack. I've seen a couple of those in 2nd hand shops, probably easier to find than a proper rack!

Thanks for the tip!

Hi,

Lots of options on Amazon